Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  73
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help With 2021 RAM ECM?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Help With 2021 RAM ECM?

That’s crazy!

I bricked my 21 PCM by having my key in my pocket and getting out of the truck during a flash on EFI Live.

That was no fun explaining to the wife why my truck was dead in the water and having to ship my PCM off.

I don’t see why a 21 PCM would have issues unless there’s more that changed on the 22 than the PCM files, or it may be how calibrated programmed the tune.

I would try reaching out to them and be truthful.

You gave them business, and they should steer you or DRD in the right direction.

Good luck, man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I have talked with a dealership parts guy, and I'm not sure if this is true, but he said he could order an ECM for my 2022 that is unlocked and unturned.

Now I'm not sure if that is what's locked out or not, but it's something worth looking into further.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Update for everyone following.

No word from MM3 on my issue, and from what Ray was saying, it sounds like trying to program the 22 ECMs will happen.

Calibrated was no help, and I could not get the 21 ECM running again.

I wished I could use Ray's tunes, but having a 21 ECM that was tuned with HP Tuners and wouldn't work, I needed to look around at what other options I had.

I contacted Optimal Welding - Industries out of Canada.

They stated that they could program deletes with HP Tuning and the MPVI3 device that I had.

They believed that Calibrated was missing something on the tune that wasn't allowing the truck to start.

I opted to send them my ECM and have it bench flashed because I was worried since I couldn't get the calibrated tune to work.

Shipped Optimal the ECM.

They checked it and said it functions correctly, and they could bench-flash the tunes.

Sent it back to me, and I installed the 21 ECM with Optimal's delete tunes, and the truck started and ran fine.

No issues, except I get a low DEF warning at startup, and then the yellow low DEF indicator is on.

Any ideas on how to turn that off?

Optimal is not sure why it is on.

They suggested that I unplug the wires going into the DEF tank.

I did that, and no change.

6. Likes watersupply189, Corkey, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pete2833 View Post
    Update for everyone following.

No word from MM3 on my issue, and from what Ray was saying, it sounds like trying to program the 22 ECMs will happen.

Calibrated was no help, and I could not get the 21 ECM running again.

I wished I could use Ray's tunes, but having a 21 ECM that was tuned with HP Tuners and wouldn't work, I needed to look around at what other options I had.

I contacted Optimal Welding - Industries out of Canada.

They stated that they could program deletes with HP Tuning and the MPVI3 device that I had.

They believed that Calibrated was missing something on the tune that wasn't allowing the truck to start.

I opted to send them my ECM and have it bench flashed because I was worried since I couldn't get the calibrated tune to work.

Shipped Optimal the ECM.

They checked it and said it functions correctly, and they could bench-flash the tunes.

Sent it back to me, and I installed the 21 ECM with Optimal's delete tunes, and the truck started and ran fine.

No issues, except I get a low DEF warning at startup, and then the yellow low DEF indicator is on.

Any ideas on how to turn that off?

Optimal is not sure why it is on.

They suggested that I unplug the wires going into the DEF tank.

I did that, and no change.
    Glad to hear you didn't brick your ECM!

I too have the Low DEF light/message on my '20 after flashing the DRD magic.

I reached out to Ray and he said this happens on some trucks if the DEF level was low at the time of the flash.

He suggested flashing it back to stock, filling the tank, then flashing it back to to the diet tune.

I haven't tried it yet.

Frankly, not sure if I am going to go through the trouble anytime soon as the light/message hasn't really bothered me that much.

2015 Ram 3500 CCSB SRW 4x4 G56
    2020 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 68RFE

Never ending project. Always adding something...

8. Likes AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189, CrazyTrain liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OneTon View Post
    Glad to hear you didn't brick your ECM!

I too have the Low DEF light/message on my '20 after flashing the DRD magic.

I reached out to Ray and he said this happens on some trucks if the DEF level was low at the time of the flash.

He suggested flashing it back to stock, filling the tank, then flashing it back to to the diet tune.

I haven't tried it yet.

Frankly, not sure if I am going to go through the trouble anytime soon as the light/message hasn't really bothered me that much.
    When they flashed it, it was a bench flash so that could have something to do with it.

When I gave them the stock read I am not sure what the level was.

They suggested the same, filling it up and then refreshing.

But with the issues I have been having I am afraid to re-flash it.

I removed the tank yesterday and drained it and flushed it with water.

Today I will reinstall it empty.

I will wait and see if MM3 comes up with a solution so that I can use DRD!

Fingers Crossed!

10. Likes watersupply189, CrazyTrain, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12