Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rear Traction Bars/Ladder Bars

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Rear Traction Bars/Ladder Bars

Hello, I'm going to be putting bars on the rear end of my quad cab, short bed 2500. What's a good length for the bars?

2. Top Of Page | #2
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Middle of cab (B pillar) to middle of rear axle is what you want if doing bars, there are other versions that act on a hung thst does the same thing, and I hope you know the cons and pros of having them

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yeah they will be removable so really they will only be on when I think I'll need them. Thanks for the reply

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Re: Rear Traction Bars/Ladder Bars

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiandiesel View Post
    Middle of cab (B pillar) to middle of rear axle is what you want if doing bars, there are other versions that act on a hung thst does the same thing, and I hope you know the cons and pros of having them
    Dodge Offroad are currently building me a set, what are some of the pro's and cons?

Last edited by NovaNewfie; 03-11-2017 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Typo
    1999 Ram 3500, 4x4 auto. 3:55's DRW too much to list, currently a stalled project
    2001 Ram 2500 4x4 auto 4.11s
    2017 Ram 3500 4x4 G56, 3.73s DRW. My daily driver work truck. Taterbuilt VGT, fleece intank pump, exergy 100% injectors and 12mm stroker CP3. Valair 12" ceramic triple disc. Banks monster ram intake and IC pipes. Exrreme duty springs and pushrods. 5" exhaust. DOR steering brace, Thuren adjustable trac bar. Pac brake xl7500 helper bags, recoil traction bars. Lots more.