Thanks Thanks:  43
Likes Likes:  88
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Retune Issues?

1. Top Of Page | #1

RaceME Ultra Retune Issues?

Alright, everyone, I got one for you all.

I am currently stuck trying to figure this out.

I got my SD card from DRD when doing a retune, and my RaceME Ultra said it did the automatic update and everything.

So far, I have had no issues until I try to change and save parameters on any of my gauges.

I set the alarm an hour ago for EGTs and hit save, and the tuner freezes like it's trying to load the gauges and then flashes red and green.

I assume I didn't update this correctly a few months ago, and I can't find any videos like before.

So I wonder if I use the MM3 auto-updater or the RaceME agent?

Please help thanks.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

Does anyone know how to update the RaceME Ultra or this issue?

I think I am finally getting somewhere.

The stupid computer wouldn't open the raceme agent with all the security settings.

Attached Images Attached Images

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I would try reassuring the cords are fitted snugly, then checking if it has made a difference.

If not, I don't think re-flashing would be good, as you would have seen this happening from the get-go.

Curious if this could be voltage related.

Come to think of it; I had a similar issue.

I asked Dirk because my screen froze up when it wanted to.

Initially, I didn't have a charger hooked up when flashing.

He said you could get a lack of information sent over during the flash if you have low voltage.

He also said something about the cords and verified that they were snug.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

If you want to return to stock and reload your tunes again, ensure those batteries are fully charged, or else you may have issues as you have described.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

7. Thanks rsl0311usmc, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

Ok, thanks; it's still doing it.

Let me drive it, then reflash and see what happens.

I got the tuner updated, at least.

I will post back shortly.

Thanks for the help.

9. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

Alright, this is what I have, and thanks for all the help so far.

Ok, it's updated and reflashed after a decent drive, and all the connections are good.

I went over everything.

Now back to the same issue that I feel is a bug or I am doing something wrong because I swear it never used to do this.

Now I don't play much with the gauges, so once they are set, I leave them where they are.

Now, this is how I discovered this issue.

I went to change, let's say, the ranges of any of my gauges.

When I hit save, it returns to the gauge screen with the loading symbol in the middle but freezes and flashes at me.

The only way I can set or modify a gauge period without freezing is to first go to settings and dashboard and hit reset dashboards and parameters configuration, then reset every gauge and alarm before hitting save.

It's annoying as s**t having to reset everything, say, for changing a straightforward thing like EGT temp ranges, nope, gotta reset every parameter for every gauge and any alarms.

I am stumped and don't know if it has to do with the send once feature or every key cycle.

Glad I wouldn't say I like messing with gauges, or I would be writing every setting and alarm down before I forget what I entered.

Please let me know if you all have any ideas because, as I said, it didn't do this before.

I am almost positive.

O,h, and when it does freeze and flash at me, I have to unplug the monitor and then go back in to reset it.

11. Thanks watersupply189, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

If you can’t get it to work, reach out to MM3 and DRD to see if they can figure out what’s happening.

What’s the voltage on your batteries?

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

13. Thanks AK Bob, rsl0311usmc, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    If you can't get it to work, reach out to MM3 and DRD to see if they can figure out what's happening.

What's the voltage on your batteries?

The last time I checked, which was a week ago, they were 12.3 volts overnight, and the reason I say that is I had battery saver mood come on one time when we had the cold snap here in Western NC within the past two weeks.

The batteries are brand new diehard AGM batteries.

I took them out after the battery-saver incident and brought them to advance auto, and they wouldn't exchange wouldn't them after testing them.

Honestly, I am lost on what to do.

Can we tag DRD?

I honestly don't know hodon'tdo that is on here, and I will say this happened months ago at one point.

Starting to make me wonder if it's the batter's at this point, and in other words, it's not its first time it's happened.

15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

@DRD

Could you please give your insight, sir?

Worse case, try Dir.k

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

16. Thanks rsl0311usmc, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

A static voltage of 12.3 is too low; it should be 12.6 volts if the batteries are fully charged.

You may have weak batteries or a parasitic draw.

This could be the issue if you set your RaceME Ultra gages off with the engine.

However, if the engine is running, your alternator should provide the correct voltage to your tuner.

You could tag or email DRD to see if he has any ideas, or perhaps he can refer you to someone who works with the RaceME Ultra tuners.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

18. Thanks rsl0311usmc, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast