Thanks Thanks:  43
Likes Likes:  88
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RaceME Ultra Retune Issues?

1. Top Of Page | #11

RaceME Ultra Retune Issues?

I mean honestly, it's not the end of the world it just sucks.

I mean once it's set it's set I guess?

Meaning I reset everything only to be able to set all gauges one time it's ridiculous honestly.

Even the truck reads 14v on the readout.

Just honestly a pain in the a**.

Hopefully, it's not because of a RacemE Ultra update or anything.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    A static voltage of 12.3 is too low; it should be 12.6 volts if the batteries are fully charged.

You may have weak batteries or a parasitic draw.

This could be the issue if you set your RaceME Ultra gages off with the engine.

However, if the engine is running, your alternator should provide the correct voltage to your tuner.

You could tag or email DRD to see if he has any ideas, or perhaps he can refer you to someone who works with the RaceME Ultra tuners.
    I have done both changes with the truck on and off with the same results.

I regret not going with the Interstate batteries at this point.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

PID issues would be a bug with the firmware and have nothing to do with the tuning.

Since this is a RaceME Ultra, you must contact RaceME Canada and tell them.

They recently pushed a new firmware which you probably have, which may have some bugs.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

6. Top Of Page | #14

Quote Originally Posted by DRD View Post
    PID issues would be a bug with the firmware and have nothing to do with the tuning.

Since this is a RaceME Ultra, you must contact RaceME Canada and tell them.

They recently pushed a new firmware which you probably have, which may have some bugs.
    OK, I was wondering if it was something in that firmware.

I guess there is no point in messing with the batteries since they have been ruled out.

When I took them last week to Advance Auto, they wouldn't or couldn't even exchange them because they tested OK.

I will call RaceME Canada on Monday to notify them about the issue, so hopefully, they will get new firmware out.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

Alright, I got two emails out to RaceME Canada.

One to their sales department and one to their technical support department.

Once I get a response, I will let you know what was said and their thoughts.

Thanks for the help.

9. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Re: RaceME Ultra Retune Issues?

Quote Originally Posted by rsl0311usmc View Post
    Alright, I got two emails out to RaceME Canada.

One to their sales department and one to their technical support department.

Once I get a response, I will let you know what was said and their thoughts.

Thanks for the help.
    I had a different issue with my Ultra; my monitor would keep going blank shortly after powering up.

What I did to fix it was put the micro SD into my computer, reformatted it as FAT32 (just a simple right click on the drive and you will see the option to reformat), then used the update agent to restore the contents of the SD, and then lastly put my tunes back on it.

No issues since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Thanks Corkey, rsl0311usmc, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

Quote Originally Posted by BuckMeister View Post
    I had a different issue with my Ultra; my monitor would keep going blank shortly after powering up.

What I did to fix it was put the micro SD into my computer, reformatted it as FAT32 (just a simple right click on the drive and you will see the option to reformat), then used the update agent to restore the contents of the SD, and then lastly put my tunes back on it.

No issues since.

I appreciate the feedback.

Everything I have seen is at Fat32.

I even attempted a flash of the old firmware, but I am not sure I did it right.

The old firmware came up on the tuner but didn't solve the problem.

I don't know; maybe it's me, but I swear I didn't have issues like this till I did their new update.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rsl0311usmc View Post
    I appreciate the feedback.

Everything I have seen is at Fat32.

I even attempted a flash of the old firmware, but I am not sure I did it right.

The old firmware came up on the tuner but didn't solve the problem.

I don't know; maybe it's me, but I swear I didn't have issues like this till I did their new update.
    Yes it should already be fat32, you’re reformatting in case there is a corrupted file, and then using the auto-update agent to restore the files that get deleted from reformatting.

15. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

Well, I solved the issue myself after trying things and getting tired of waiting for a phone call back.

I took my old SD card from when I had Ray's tunes on it for my custom VGT tunes and opened it up, and left everything alone except I deleted my old ecm profile and then erased my sound tunes, especially the whistle considering I am non-VGT now.

Then not as if it probably matters, I put my newer three sound tunes for my second-gen swap back on the card.

The biggest reason I did all this is I knew I had an older version of the RaceME firmware.

So I didn't and will not update this card.

I flashed the tuner back down in firmware to an older version which I will post below.

Then I flashed the truck to Ray's custom 2nd Gen swap tunes, and wouldn't you know it, everything works like it used to.

So obviously, there is a massive issue with the new firmware.

If it isn't broken, don't fix it, and I will not be updating anything at this point.

Here is the version I noticed changed, and it is the correct working version if this helps anyone.

Attached Images Attached Images

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Glad you got it to work!

I’ve always said if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it, LOL.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12