I recently acquired a 2010 Freightliner step van that was not running.

Two batteries and starter brushes fixed the not running, but it has an SPN3241 hard coden, an SMI 13 out of calibration, and a SID 3231.

I have worked on automobiles for over 60 years but know nothing about diesels.

If it helps, it has almost 190,000 on the clock.

So far, I have completely disassembled and cleaned the EGR system.

The EGR valve was at some point replaced because it is green, not the engine red.

It has very little soot in it and moves smoothly.

I disconnected both ends of the turbo, it is spinning smoothly and moving a lot of air, but the scan tool shows that it is putting out no pressure at idle but is putting out 4.3 on high idle.

The exhaust seems to be flowing freely and making no noises that I would associate with restriction.

I disassembled the DPF/cat anyway, and you can see the light through both. It does not use the blue def or have a diesel injector in it.

I do not know what I am talking about; I am just parroting information from the internet that might be useful.

There is tubing that screws into the dead space between DPF and the cat and the space downstream of the cat.

Do these connect to a valve with an electric connection to it?

I did replace the heat sensors in the DPF/cat with genuine Freightliner parts no change.

Apparently, you can clean the DPF with a pressure washer (again, according to the net) but do not know about the cat.

Probably should do that before reassembly if it is recommended.

I am getting a sore head from pounding it against the wall and could use some insight from someone who knows what they are doing.