Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Air Dryer?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Air Dryer?

Has anyone with a RAM 2500 with a factory air ride added an air dryer to the system?

Over the past few months, I've had several issues with the air system that lead to moisture and freezing temp issues.

My main issue was when one of the main wires going into the compressor broke loose.
    When I opened the compressor to repair the wire I found significant corrosion so I started looking for a replacement compressor which was crazy expensive.

I already had a Viair compressor sitting around so I plumbed and wired that in. It now sits in the passenger side under the floor compartment to eliminate road salt. It works great and opens future mod opportunities. It's a little noisy in the cab but not as bad after adding sound deadening to the compartment lid.

The next issue is that the system has been giving me error messages all winter because of freezing in the lines. I dump the air multiple times per week hooking to trailers so the system fills with outside air regularly adding moisture.

So that goes to my actual question, has anyone added an air dryer? I'm thinking of adding an air dryer or moving the valving and switches into the floor compartment; the compressor has plenty of room left. By moving the components, I think the heated cab would fix the freezing issues; the tank and air lines would still be outside, but no main features.

Any experience with these issues or fixes on the forum?

Last edited by DaFuzz80; 03-22-2023 at 07:12 PM.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, CrazyTrain thanked for this post