Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: New EFI Live Tune Installed - I Need Help!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

New EFI Live Tune Installed - I Need Help!

2016 RAM 2500 complete weight loss Cummins 6.7L.

I got a new tune with EFi Live with Autocal from a new tuner.

The instructions say to flash it back to stock, then Flash the updated tune.

I'm hesitant because it will throw codes to high heaven if I flash it back to stock.

Do I flash it to stock, never start the truck, then load the new tune?

Any advice will help until I can get the tuner on the phone tomorrow/

2. Thanks watersupply189, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I don’t have any knowledge of EFi Live, but with the MM3 loading the tune, the batteries have to be fully charged and load the tunes with the key in the run position without the engine running.

Hopefully, someone on here can answer your question that having an EFi Live tuner.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes CrazyTrain, Corkey, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I had EFi for a bit.

Return to stock, don't start the rig but do what the prompts say.

Once it tells you it's finished, remove the key for a few seconds, then apply the patch over the stock tune.

As mentioned, have a charger hooked up, so you have no loss or corruption file when flashing both to the ecm.

You are correct on getting every code to man to pop up if you start it on "return to stock."

I tried it, but nothing happened; use Autocal to clear all DTC'S

Why you return to stock is so whatever is done to the ECM brings it back to Mopar spec, which the custom tunes "patch" is configured to run correctly.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX