Thanks Thanks:  32
Likes Likes:  61
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mopar OE SDFK

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Mopar OE SDFK

Thanks, now I understand what you are saying.

The 2004.5- 2012 Pickups won't support two WIF sensors, so you will abandon the front WIF sensor in place and connect the rear WIF.

It must have to do with the resistance the PCM seeks.

As you mentioned, the rear filter will pick up any WIF first so that you will be ready.

It's a nice kit and an excellent price.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Thanks, now I understand what you are saying.

The 2004.5- 2012 Pickups won't support two WIF sensors, so you will abandon the front WIF sensor in place and connect the rear WIF.

It must have to do with the resistance the PCM seeks.

As you mentioned, the rear filter will pick up any WIF first so that you will be ready.

It's a nice kit and an excellent price.

I see the 1 WIF only, which is fine, I have dielectric grease, will cork off front and use rear only. (wished kit just plugged into existing WIF connector vs splicing, I will buy OE connector for plug-n-play and dielectric grease on front housing connector) I have just purchased the complete factory fuel filter with mounting head, heater, filter, WIF sensor etc, so with parts from the add on SDFK, ie wiring and hose fittings, and my welder, I will reconfigure the first kits mount to accommodate the 2013 and later filter housing

In the end @AK Bob, when done, I will just have the exact set up you do except my rear filter be in a little different spot.

I am not sure if everyone knows it, but the rear filter has a nice fuel shut off when the filter is removed or just loosened, super slick set up. Loosen it a bit, fuel flow stops, drain canister at WIF drain.

For those of you with the 2013 and later units, your EVIC shows percentage (%) for fuel filter replacement, when you hit 0%, about how many miles is that? I should be able to greatly extend my filter change interval now running the course and fine. I will now use the Mopar nano net front filter too. I'm at 26 degrees outside, but will start on my mounting upgrade.
    FUEL FILTER - NANONET - Mopar ('10-'24, 6.7L) - 68157291AA (below)

This is the unit I bought, all genuine Mopar (below)

UPDATE, wont need to cut into factory WIF connector wire to splice in the SDFK wiring, I have a cheap aftermarket WIF sensor for the rear filter, (same connector as front ie D1571A) will cut off connector to plug and splice it into my SDFK harness so it just plugs into factory front WIF sensor to power up rear WIF sensor

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

3. Thanks AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    I see the 1 WIF only, which is fine, I have dielectric grease, will cork off front and use rear only. (wished kit just plugged into existing WIF connector vs splicing, I will buy OE connector for plug-n-play and dielectric grease on front housing connector) I have just purchased the complete factory fuel filter with mounting head, heater, filter, WIF sensor etc, so with parts from the add on SDFK, ie wiring and hose fittings, and my welder, I will reconfigure the first kits mount to accommodate the 2013 and later filter housing

In the end @AK Bob, when done, I will just have the exact set up you do except my rear filter be in a little different spot.

I am not sure if everyone knows it, but the rear filter has a nice fuel shut off when the filter is removed or just loosened, super slick set up. Loosen it a bit, fuel flow stops, drain canister at WIF drain.

For those of you with the 2013 and later units, your EVIC shows percentage (%) for fuel filter replacement, when you hit 0%, about how many miles is that? I should be able to greatly extend my filter change interval now running the course and fine. I will now use the Mopar nano net front filter too. I'm at 26 degrees outside, but will start on my mounting upgrade.
    FUEL FILTER - NANONET - Mopar ('10-'24, 6.7L) - 68157291AA (below)

https://www.genosgarage.com/images/u...5904_popup.jpg

This is the unit I bought, all genuine Mopar (below)

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/A1MAA...FFM/s-l300.jpg

UPDATE, wont need to cut into factory WIF connector wire to splice in the SDFK wiring, I have a cheap aftermarket WIF sensor for the rear filter, (same connector as front ie D1571A) will cut off connector to plug and splice it into my SDFK harness so it just plugs into factory front WIF sensor to power up rear WIF sensor
    Thanks for the update, nice fuel system upgrade. On your EVIC % question; I go with the recommended 15,000 miles or 12 months for my fuel filter replacements. I normally reach 12 months first, sometimes the EVIC is at 40% but I change them anyway. I also have installed a third fuel filter Fleetguard FF5814 High Efficiency 2 Micron between the front and rear filters. I believe this is an overkill and could remove the OEM engine filter but have decided to keep it installed for the extra filtration second WIF sensor.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

5. Thanks Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Thanks for the update, nice fuel system upgrade. On your EVIC % question; I go with the recommended 15,000 miles or 12 months for my fuel filter replacements. I normally reach 12 months first, sometimes the EVIC is at 40% but I change them anyway. I also have installed a third fuel filter Fleetguard FF5814 High Efficiency 2 Micron between the front and rear filters. I believe this is an overkill and could remove the OEM engine filter but have decided to keep it installed for the extra filtration second WIF sensor.
    So in a year or 12K miles, its about 40% left?

I do not have the filter percentage, mine says just every 15K, I do it at 10K because I only have the one filter (for now) and its black when I change it. Now that I will have the second filter, I want an idea how much longer I can go. My pals 2015, his front filter was much cleaner than mine, so that primary filter is working well.

Bob, the new nano net filter that drops into engine canister is 3 microns. That is as good as the cat filter, but less hassle for the conversion. In fact, I have a full cat filter kit I wont use, still in the box.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

7. Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

OK, I have used some of the kit from the original SDFK (severe duty filter kit) ie the entire add on wire harness and then the filer mount bracket, that is all.

Now the modern rear filter kit shown is aftermarket, looks to be of high quality, but I used it only to size it up. In the end, wont use it. I am using a 100% OE unit. Comes with everything. I have a different connector on the WIF sensor in the harness, so I need to find one to splice in to match the new WIF sensor. I have found the WIF plug conversion from Genos garage to match my harness. I'll splice that into new WIF for now, but would like to change the connector in the harness to match the WiF vs other way around, but can deal with that later.

SDFK2.jpgSDFK1.jpg

Now using that bracket, remove the filter mount head and drilled 2 holes to accommodate the new filter mount pad.
    SDFKplus1.jpgSDFKplus.jpg

The fuel link clip on connectors is the same, so adding it inline will be a breeze with the kits hardware.

9. Thanks Corkey, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

=toyota_mdt_tech;245108]So in a year or 12K miles, its about 40% left?

I do not have the filtyer percentage, mine says just every 15K, I do it at 10K because I only have the one filter (for now) and its black when I change it. Now that I will have the second filter, I want an idea how much longer I can go. My pals 2015, his front filter was much cleaner than mine, so that primary filter is working well.

Bob, the new nano net filter that drops into engine canister is 3 microns. That is as good at the cat filter, but less hassle for the conversion. In fact, I have a full cat filter kit I wont use, still in the box.
    Here are photos of my three fuel filters after my most recent 12 months of service. Checked my records and only 2,921 miles since the last change. The front canister filter was dirtier than the previous 12 months after 3,081miles.

As you can see I am not currently putting very many miles on the truck these days.

IMG_1987.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1985.jpg

11. Thanks Corkey, watersupply189, toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12