Hello friends!

I have adjusted the valve lash to the factory spec of .010 on the intake and .026 on the exhaust on my 6.7L.

This is a controversial question because I see it all over the internet where people are returning to the original 5.9L specs of .010 intake and .020 exhaust after the parts fall off.

Should I stick with the factory 6.7 spec or move to the older pre-emissions spec?

Most of the arguments I see are that once "certain parts" are no longer present, the exhaust valve doesn't "grow" per se because there is no longer a Regen cycle, and it runs cooler.

My build will only go higher in performance as time goes on.

My argument, I guess, is that even though there is no heat from Regen cycles anymore, wouldn't fueling mods, heavy tuning, and possibly high EGTs from running a truck harder than normal put the truck back into a state to where the factory lash of .026 would still work considerably well in the event of high EGTs from performance mods and running the truck through its paces?

I'm curious to know and am still trying to learn, so any and all knowledge on this subject would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.