Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wait To Start Light?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Wait To Start Light?

Quote Originally Posted by northstarfire0693 View Post
    Awesome. I will look into that.

Is it easy to find?

I've never really looked at the wiring to the grid heater.

I'm guessing it's on the passenger side.
    Follow the passenger side positive battery cable down to the grid heater relay between the battery and the engine.

The relay has two large terminals and two small terminals on top.

One of the large terminals is connected to the battery and the other large terminal (the one you will disconnect) goes to the grid heater.

Once the wire that goes to the grid heater is removed from the relay zip, tie it out of harm's way; no need to insulate it as it goes to ground through the grid heater element.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by northstarfire0693 View Post
    Awesome. I will look into that.

Is it easy to find?

I've never really looked at the wiring to the grid heater.

I'm guessing it's on the passenger side.
    Yes, it looks like an HD relay or the older ford starter relays back in the old days.

Power for it comes from the battery.

It's its own separate wire hook to batt positive.

You can undo that one.

I suspect unplugging the relay would be easier, but I bet the engine controller would see the open circuit and rat it out with a light.

Not needing and disabling it is a great way to prevent grid heater bolt meltdown.

But in AZ, I bet it didn't cycle much anyway.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info, guys.

2006 2500 QC Laramie 5.9 (Sold in 2016). 2017 3500 DRW CC Laramie, Loaded. MM3 tuned by DRD. 4" SS by Jamo. 68REF, 4.10 Rears. (Sold). 2018 3500 DRW Longhorn CC AISIN 4.10's. On a good health care plan by DRD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12