Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  12

Thread: 2015 6.7 injector install need advice

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2015 6.7 injector install need advice

Hello everyone! I'm getting ready to install injectors and connector tubes and I purchased a Mahle top end gasket kit to do the job. It came with the set of copper washers and O rings for the actual injectors themselves but there are no new connector tube O rings in the kit. I am installing the same injectors that came out of it and am wondering of I can reuse the connector tubes since they are pairing up with the same injector they were mated with? Also the copper washers the kit came with look identical on both sides from what im seeing. Does it matter which direction the copper washers go onto the nozzle? Thanks in advance

2. Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2015 6.7 injector install need advice

One thing some companies require is to use the new tubes, so you'll get the warranty with the new injectors.

At least that's how my process went with going with II.

I don't believe it matters what side to use for the washer, If I recall, they are the same.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

4. Thanks C-MAN thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, C-MAN, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by C-MAN View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm getting ready to install injectors and connector tubes and I purchased a Mahle top end gasket kit to do the job. It came with the set of copper washers and O rings for the actual injectors themselves but there are no new connector tube O rings in the kit. I am installing the same injectors that came out of it and am wondering of I can reuse the connector tubes since they are pairing up with the same injector they were mated with? Also the copper washers the kit came with look identical on both sides from what im seeing. Does it matter which direction the copper washers go onto the nozzle? Thanks in advance
    Since you are keeping the tubes matched up to the same injectors you should be fine. I would carefully inspect the tube ends for any signs of damage and follow the installation procedure attached. I would torque the tube nuts a little tighter to a final 45 ft/lb because they have been previously crushed. The new copper crush washer can be installed either way.

Attached Files Attached Files
    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Thanks C-MAN thanked for this post
    Likes C-MAN, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info you guys I appreciate it very much!

8. Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post