Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  16

Thread: 68RFE Trans To G56 Manual Tuning Question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

68RFE Trans To G56 Manual Tuning Question

I am still tuned through EZ Lynk PPEI, and I know I can’t get any further support from them.

So my question is, for the time being, is there a way I can disable the auto and change it to manual through AlfaOBD?

I’ve read about people getting a “engage the clutch to start” and being able to change it back to enable break to start through alpha.

This may sound retarded, but if I can get by a while without having to switch tuners entirely, this would be great; if not, oh well, I’ll bite the bullet.

I don’t understand the extent of what alpha can do, but I figured some of you may.

12 2500, s467.7 in need of fuel

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 68RFE Trans To G56 Manual Tuning Question

Another comment.

I have seen some people successfully switch their Tcase from electric to manual, or vice versa, without codes being popped through the AlfaOBD.

Making me think it’s possible to do the same with the transmission.

Second, I still have hp tuners from my turbo gasser days.

I’m sure I could change a file through HP, but last I saw, the parameters in hp are not there for no emissions, so that would not work; if anyone knows that is not the case, please let me know.

Edit: For anyone wondering about this in the future.

I did some more research and found a way through HP tuners to disable the locks on emissions, so I may be going that route when I swap the tranny; if anyone has any info on AlfaOBD, I would still love to see that.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

AlfaOBD can only reprogram certain parameters in body control modules.

Since the ECM controls the 68RFE, AlfaOBD cannot change the flash to a manual tune.

I am unsure of how EZ Lynk handles trans swaps, but typically it involves rewriting a base tune file with the VIN and trans of your truck and reflashing it.

6. Thanks Cumminornuthin, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Appreciate it, sir.

Yes, I’ve done some of that with hp, but after reading more on it, a lot of bricking coming from hp in the diesel community it seems, I may end up just going to Ray.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post