Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Looking for input in injector nozzle size.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Looking for input in injector nozzle size.

Doin a complete second gen swap with a bw s475. I'm gonna stay with stock CP3. And goin back in forth on nozzle size. Between 180hp and 200hp. Would there be a big difference between the two? I am gonna retune with mcc. Anybody got any input or different ideas on the size?

2. Top Of Page | #2
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Second gen is a vp pump, 3rd gen is a common rail, which one is it?

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiandiesel View Post
    Second gen is a vp pump, 3rd gen is a common rail, which one is it?
    He is most likely thinking of doing a 2nd gen manifold and aftermarket turbo swap onto his 6.7...in slang terms it is know as a "2nd gen swap".

The stock CP3 is almost at it's limits with stock nozzels combined with aftermarket tuning. I would use smaller nozzels if you don't want to upgrade the CP3. I know a few guys running similar sized turbos with stock nozzels. You could try it before you change nozzels and see how it performs for your needs/wants. I think you may be surprised at how well it runs. With MCC you could do a lot of tuning to optimize the performance of your new combination.

Good luck!

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

My bad didn't check out his profile page, the CP3 is good up to the "90" nozzles however you will have issues around the 3000 rpm mark with them, anything larger requires a nodded CP3 and anything over the "200" mark requires duel CP3 units

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I thought a bucket of parts would take him up to 150's

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

The thing of parts are more of 120's but you will still have issues with fuel

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

That was my biggest concern is maxing the stock CP3. What you guys suggest just dual CP3's or doin like a dragon fire pump from industrial injection?

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

What's your magic top hp number?

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I would l like to see 700hp at the wheels.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Stick with 150 and a dragon pump