Thanks Thanks:  79
Likes Likes:  183
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Banks Monster RAM Intake Install (Stock Legal Unit)

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Banks Monster RAM Intake Install (Stock Legal Unit)

Looks great bud!

We have dark clouds rolling in as we speak here.

How long was the process?

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Great job!

2021 Ram 3500 DRW, H.O., bypass oil filtration, bypass coolant filtration, S&B CAI, 4:10’s
    2wd low loc kit.
    Reacquired 2001 3500, 5.9 nv4500, dually cab and chassis, 5” straight pipe, edge juice w/attitude. Otherwise all stock…..for now.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Great job!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    Looks great bud!

We have dark clouds rolling in as we speak here.

How long was the process?
    We did here too, but as long as the rain held out.

It got windy, so I closed up shop, had lunch, and came back out; the wind settled down, so I finished it up.

I couldn't believe how much coal dust was intake under the grid heater plate and intake part of the head.

I went in and vacuumed it all out.

Under the grid heater plate, it has to be 1/8" thick even coating.

Coating over the grid heater further hinders airflow, and the stock elbow does the same deal.

I can see what many EGR delete.

This AM, I see sunny and frost everywhere, meaning it will be a nice day today.

I have two buddies that bought these (all in a span of 3 days between the 3 of us), so I will probably end up doing theirs also.

The next one will go easier as it was easy enough already.

I haven't driven it yet, but I could really feel the throttle response right away as soon as all the air self-purged from the fuel lines.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

6. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

OK, I warmed the truck up and took a road test, and all went well.

You can feel better throttle response off idle and harder pulling on accel.

Like more air, a little different noise from under the hood is flowing.

It flows 88% more air over the stock setup.

IMHO, it is a good investment for saving you from killing your engine, and a great side benefit is that it much more airflow/power.

OK, another install for one of my buddies next Saturday, the weather being OK, of course.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

8. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

OK, doing Monster RAM kit install #2 tomorrow (Sunday); this one will be red and should go quicker than my last one.

The first install is still fresh in my head.

I'll take a few pictures.

10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

3 hours, start to finish.

Went seamless.

Except for all the codes, it kicked up because I forgot to plug in the big bulkhead connector, connected, cleared codes, and was done.

11. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    3 hours, start to finish.

Went seamless.

Except for all the codes, it kicked up because I forgot to plug in the big bulkhead connector, connected, cleared codes, and was done.

Looks great and was done in record time.

Did you need to completely remove the #6 injector line or loosen it from the fuel rail?

Besides vacuum the intake plenum, did you need to scrape the soot or use solvents?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

No, leave the #6 line on the injector feed tube; just undo it from the rail.

It's the only line you dont fully remove.

The front line, ie #1, is not reused; the kit comes with a new one.

I scrape the intake cover mounting surface really clean, I have a carbide scraper, and I drag it backward, ie pull to clean the mounting surface.

Some debris falls in the intake part of the head.

When I am all done, I take my shop vac and vacuum out the intake before setting the new unit on.

Use medium thread locker on everything.

I set a bolt in each hole before tightening the plate to keep it all aligned.

Then I installed the monster ram, knowing those 6 bolt holes were open for the Banks supplied bolts.

Got all the tricks down, a fuel pressure sensor in the back of the rail, get all lines out of the way, unbolt rail, pull outward, flip over, undo plug.

Easy peasy.

This one did have a few things different, nothing earth-shattering.

I didn't even read the instructions.

Bob, if you dont have this, you need it.

It fixes a serious issue that really shows up in colder areas, i.e. Alaska, and you get the great side benefit of an 88% increase in airflow.

14. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

OK, still have #3 to install.

Last time I warn all my buddies about this.

#3 is another red one on a 17, and technically,#4 is on an older 02, but it's just a Monster RAM, and boost tube, with no grid heater issues.

Simple one really.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast