Hi all, I just ordered a 2018 3500 Mega Cab with the Aisin and 28k miles on it.

It's a big horn with auto-level rear suspension.

I should have the truck in a couple of weeks, and I'd love advice on setting it up for my use case.

I kept the last truck for 20yrs and may keep this as long as I want to get it dialed!

I'll be towing an enclosed moto trailer primarily, and occasionally an equipment trailer with my skid loader (16k lbs total), and maybe a toy hauler in the future.

I also do a fair bit of remote tent camping that requires substantial off-roading.

My dirt bike spots can also require up to 40 miles of rough dirt road to get to the trail head.

It will not be a daily driver (I have a diesel A6 for that).

The use will be in CO and UT--lots of hills, snow, and thin air!

Currently, I have to pass emissions every 2yrs.

I'm thinking:
- Suspension: (thuren king 3.0 front, 2.5 rear, track bar, sway bar. I will measure for spring height when I get the truck)

- Wheels: Method HD 701 (18x9, 18mm offset)--open to ideas here!

- Tires: leaning toward 37x12.50s but undecided. The extra clearance and squish of 37s vs. 35s would be nice on the rocky dirt roads/trails I frequent, but too much towing comprise? Also, I think 35s might let me keep a full-size spare in the stock location; 37s, I assume, means spare in the bed.

- Re-gear: thinking 4:10s would cover 35-37" rubber nicely, but maybe 4.30s?

- Tune: I don't want to stress the emissions by tuning with it intact. How much work would it be to flash a stock tune and re-install a DPF every 2yrs? I don't need huge power, but I will probably want more pep and response. I want to be able to avoid smoke (even if avoiding means I'm thoughtful about the use of the skinny pedal).

- Reliability: Should I do anything with the grid heater? I still need to be able to start in really cold weather (it was -30 f at my house a little while ago). Anything else to get in front of?

- Protection: rock sliders (maple off-road?), not sure what else.

- Onboard Air: I'd love to find a place to mount a tank and arb twin or similar for filling tires, but I might throw a small gas compressor in the bed for big trips.