Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  27

Thread: Can 5th Gen RAMS Fit 37s With No Trimming?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Can 5th Gen RAMS Fit 37s With No Trimming?

I've been scrubbing the internet for a few days on and off and can't figure out if the off-road package on the 2022 Cummins RAM 2500 is, in fact, a lift or not.

Does anyone smarter than me care to bless me with an answer?

The second part of what I'm trying to figure out is if anyone has fit 37s on a 5th Gen off-road without leveling the truck.

2. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Can 5th Gen RAMS Fit 37s With No Trimming?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyEOD View Post
    I've been scrubbing the internet for a few days on and off and can't figure out if the off-road package on the 2022 Cummins RAM 2500 is, in fact, a lift or not.

The second part of what I'm trying to figure out is if anyone has fit 37s on a 5th Gen off-road without leveling the truck.
    Welcome, and glad to have you here.

I’m sure someone will chime in that has a 5th Gen.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Let's ask the pros!

@Custom Offsets?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

6. Thanks Corkey, AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Corkey, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

37 on the stock wheels will not work and rub.

If I remember right, for a 9" wide rim, that needs to be an 18+ offset.

10" wide rim, a 12+ offset, but will move the tire out past the fender unless you have bigger fender flares.

But either of the two, you need to cut or heat and reshape the plastic fender liner and cut or pound the crap out of the pinch weld on the front tires.

This will make normal driving rub-free but turn and over bumps, driveways, or any major flex will rub.

2500 3500 will and can be different and identical trucks can also in stock form be different.

@CJC Off Road or Thuren fabrication check their website; they have tech info that explains this stiff; I'm not sure how much 5th Gen info is on it, or give them a call.

Also, not all tires that they class as 37" are the same diameter.

37, 36.8, 36.5, etc.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

FYI leveling the truck and most smaller lifts won't make any difference on tire fitment.

They still compress to the same position and have the same ultimatum clearance as stock.

Only when you get into taller lifts with bump stop drops it makes a difference.

37s will require trimming inside the wheel well, as was mentioned.

35s should fit with minimal work.

Thuren and Carli have good details on their websites as to what fits with how much work.

37s look perfect on these trucks, though!

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

It will require about a 2" lift spring or leveling kit and some minor trimming.

This is all assuming the wheel offset is correct.

I did CJC spec'd Method 17" Wheels and Nitto 37x12.50's on my last 19 RAM 2500.

The trimming was minimal.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, TK666 thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I went with a 2.5” front leveling kit on my 21’, and I trimmed some plastic and beat in the panel, and they still run with 35” BFGs at a complete lock on the steering.

14. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey liked this post