Thanks Thanks:  32
Likes Likes:  85
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MM3 Glitch?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 Glitch?

Has anyone here experienced any glitches with the MM3?

The truck runs fine.

MM3 is normal at an idle, but the number goes a little off-chart as soon as you add some throttle.

Curious is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Glitch?

What numbers or PIDs are you monitoring, and when you say “off chart,” do you mean they go high?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    What numbers or PIDs are you monitoring, and when you say “off chart,” do you mean they go high?
    If I could put a video up I would.

RPM and rail psi off the chart as in the RPM will be between 698-704 gradually increase with throttle and spike at 5500 or higher.

Rail psi will do the same but spike at a not so possible number.

Along with intake psi and any other PID I have up.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Does it freeze and then max out as described in this thread?

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...-Or-ECM-Issues

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Does it freeze then max out as described in this thread?

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...-Or-ECM-Issues
    No, it just spikes and returns to what it should be.

Does it every few seconds consistently.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zjohnson112 View Post
    No, it just spikes and returns to what it should be.

Does it every few seconds consistently.

Interesting, unless anyone else chimes in with ideas I would contact MM3 Power on Monday to see if they know the cause of this issue.

Please keep us posted.

12. Thanks Zjohnson112, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Interesting, unless anyone else chimes in with ideas I would contact MM3 Power on Monday to see if they know the cause of this issue.

Please keep us posted.
    I sent Dirk a video and am waiting for him to fill me in.

It started about a month ago and out of the blue kinda thing.

Never changed anything.

Haven’t added anything recently.

We’ll see.

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Sounds like it’s common with the 19-21 trucks.

From Dirk.

This is kind of a strange scenario. Unfortunately there really isn't anything we can do about it. There are a hand full of people experiencing this same thing. (less than 20 that we know of) They are all 19-21 year trucks. We have had a few of them running tests that allow us to read the requests that modules in the trucks are making while driving. In all cases we can see that there is some type of module/computer in the truck that is requesting the same CAN addresses that the MM3 needs to read to display gauge data on the monitor at the same time. Whenever 2 different things request the same data at the same time it is going to cause a glitch. We can also see that in all cases the trucks have some type of a DTC but cannot tell exactly what it is. It is either a code that the MM3 can't read through the OBDII port or it is a code that may be disabled by whoever wrote the tunes. We don't know for sure.

So because it is another module in the truck requesting the same information needed to display gauge data we do not have any way that it can be fixed through the MM3. The only way to fix the issue would be to get the module in the truck to not request the same information at the same time. (either turn that module off if it can be found and that can be done, find out what type of DTC is there so maybe that can be fixed, or possibly updating that module may help too)

I don’t have any DTCs and updating sounds like the only other thing to do.

Interesting.

15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zjohnson112 View Post
    Sounds like it’s common with the 19-21 trucks.

From Dirk.

This is kind of a strange scenario. Unfortunately there really isn't anything we can do about it. There are a hand full of people experiencing this same thing. (less than 20 that we know of) They are all 19-21 year trucks. We have had a few of them running tests that allow us to read the requests that modules in the trucks are making while driving. In all cases we can see that there is some type of module/computer in the truck that is requesting the same CAN addresses that the MM3 needs to read to display gauge data on the monitor at the same time. Whenever 2 different things request the same data at the same time it is going to cause a glitch. We can also see that in all cases the trucks have some type of a DTC but cannot tell exactly what it is. It is either a code that the MM3 can't read through the OBDII port or it is a code that may be disabled by whoever wrote the tunes. We don't know for sure.

So because it is another module in the truck requesting the same information needed to display gauge data we do not have any way that it can be fixed through the MM3. The only way to fix the issue would be to get the module in the truck to not request the same information at the same time. (either turn that module off if it can be found and that can be done, find out what type of DTC is there so maybe that can be fixed, or possibly updating that module may help too)

I don’t have any DTCs and updating sounds like the only other thing to do.

Interesting.

Thanks for taking the time to relay this information.

Sorry to hear there’s no fix or workaround at this point in time.

I am assuming that even if you install a CPS5 switch and different monitor like Banks iDash or Edge CTS3 on a splitter you would likely run into the same problem.

If anyone tries this please keep us posted on the results.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

What MM3 told me.

"Hi Daniel, yes we have recently found out that unfortunately it is not something we can fix. I will explain. We have had some of the other trucks that have had it happen run some tests that allow us to pull data from the truck about what all the other systems in the can bus system on the truck are doing and basically what is happening is that there is another module in the truck that is requesting information across the can bus system. It is asking for the same information that the MM3 is trying to display for gauges. Anytime 2 different things request the same data from the can bus system on the truck at the same time it will cause glitches in that data and neither device will get consistent information. That is what causes the gauges on the MM3 to be glitchy.

Unfortunately the way this other module in the truck is requesting that info we can see that something is there and requesting it but we cannot tell which module in the truck it is that is doing it. Because of that we also cannot tell why the module in the truck has started doing this. It could be that whatever module it is needs a factory update, or it senses something a little off in the truck that it is trying to diagnose, or even something wrong with that module its self, or any number of other things but unfortunately with what is available to test there is no way for us to tell what computer in the truck is requesting that info.

Thank You."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast