Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  39

Thread: 2014 RAM 2500 - No Cabin Heat/Air?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2014 RAM 2500 - No Cabin Heat/Air?

The heater does not heat inside the cabin and blows very weak at full power.

Once I turn the AC on and the temperature down, the air blows more powerfully and gets cold.

Any idea what this is?

I hope it's specific enough to give a clear picture.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

2. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Check your blend doors to see if they are opening and closing.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Check your blend doors to see if they are opening and closing.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4
    Do you mean the actual door movement or the Actuator?

6. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Did this issue occur gradually or suddenly?

Do you have a replaceable filter behind the glove box?

The lack of flow and heat in the cab would suggest a possible plugged evaporator or heater core not allowing enough airflow.

See attached HVAC performance, description, and operation for more troubleshooting information.

Attached Files Attached Files
    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Re: 2014 RAM 2500 - No Cabin Heat/Air?

I believe the issue occurred gradually.

I don't specifically remember a timeline of when it happened, and I first noticed it.

The cold air feels fine; it never gets hot, and the airflow is severely restricted when the heat setting is on.

When the cold setting is on, the air picks up speed.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Now that I put my hand in front of the vents, it does feel warm air, but it doesn't feel too warm might be because there's no real force behind it.

It's 50° F outside, and I feel the heat coming out of the vent, but it's barely blowing out.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Also, I took the glove box out and checked the actuator; it operates in the full range between full heat and full cold.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    I believe the issue occurred gradually.

I don't specifically remember a timeline of when it happened, and I first noticed it.

The cold air feels fine; it never gets hot, and the airflow is severely restricted when the heat setting is on.

When the cold setting is on, the air picks up speed.

I am still thinking of restricted airflow due to a blocked heater core or evaporator fins.

I would see if you can inspect inside the heater box with an endoscope camera.

See this DIY video for help with cleaning.

Did you check if you have a filter behind the glove box?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Debris plugged the heater inlet under the wiper cowl?

Max cool AC switched to recirc to pull inside air would explain why AC is OK, heat not so.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Ensure nothing has nested and filled your squirrel cage from the blower motor.

My truck did not have a cabin air filter; I installed one, i.e., I bought the filter and the access door.

Factory parts.

This keeps the heater core, evaporator, etc., clear of dust and debris.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post