Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  98
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 RAM 6.7L Cummins Retune - EFi Live?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2021 RAM 6.7L Cummins Retune - EFi Live?

Hey guys.

I got a 21 deleted from PBP and am not very impressed with it; a couple of issues involving a couple of different things.

1. Is turbo mapping.
    2. Cold, steady operation at 1500-2000 rpm when -15c or colder, I get what feels like jerking and misfiring.
    3. Very stinky at idle, like over-fueling.

I do all medium to heavy-duty tuning myself thru Calterm and am very familiar with that end.

I'm not familiar with the EFI Live and my file being locked.

Getting tired of doing these data logs and sending them off for revision, and they can't tell me what there modding and then upload and retry.

Any ideas?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I would recommend looking into custom tunes with a different tuner.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

The problem with that is I would be right back where I started.

Blindly believing the next tuner and more than likely paying beforehand.

I've spent so much time inside the Cummins calibrations, I can either help or do it myself with some guidance.

My quick-serve subscription doesn’t allow me access to stock Mopar files.

Anyways I paid for a premium membership to hopefully meet like-minded individuals who know more than me when it comes to dodging Cummins and wants to share or help.

So far, I haven't found the info I'm looking for, so I am scrolling through various areas here.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I know the struggle you are dealing with.

I ran several different tunes from various tuners, and I was still unhappy with the same results.

Yeah, it's a gamble on going with something new or stressed on, are the results going to be the same and waste, yet again, more money.

We are A well-rounded family here, with several we'll knowledgeable members to help suggest, pinpoint, and solve troubleshooting issues.

Most of us here tend to run the MM3 or RaceMe, which DRD does the magic to meet above and beyond expectations.

Researching those questions you are seeking is getting harder and harder to come by.

I and I'm sure others can support me when I say DRD is the way to go, hands down.

He gives you max power by providing safety first in his work.

If you give the correct info over that's needed, your problems are all over.

If you have an issue with the MM3, you are still covered by MM3 and the top-notch customer service.

Your knocking 2 birds out with 1 stone.

If you're prone to the tuner you have, that's cool too, but hopefully, someone can help you out.

DRD will be the last tuner your Cummins will need.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Revv, SyN thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

For me to spend more money, I would need screenshots.

What the mode vector tables are set to.

What the turbo Ulim and Llim tables look like, the Mach tables, the Soi table for the operating mode, And the block faults tables.

Anything less, and Im not interested.

Not looking to peddle Cummins tunes, but I think their improvement is to be made chasing the mpg and a smoother engine without having to do revision after revision while being left in the dark.

I'll keep seeing what I can do to get into these files.

10. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Re: 2021 RAM 6.7L Cummins Retune - EFi Live?

One of the big problems is EFI Live is now out for the game, as that's all we can say, and most tuners are out of business or underground and scared to do anything anymore because of the EPA.

It's a crazy world we live in.

God bless, and we hope you find what you need.

igotacummins

"The grass is greener where you water it"

12. Thanks Revv thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, SyN, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I have a stock file to look at in EFi Live, but it seems you are right; EFI doesn't support anything after treatment-related in these files besides some basic tables.

So if a guy wanted to build his own file, how are we gaining access if Calterm won't work with automotive files?

Im not versed in MM3 or raceme software.

Is this what people are using?

Here are some common themes I run into with every heavy-duty tuner claiming stock power and safe tunes.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Revv View Post
    I have a stock file to look at in EFi Live, but it seems you are right; EFI doesn't support anything after treatment-related in these files besides some basic tables.

So if a guy wanted to build his own file, how are we gaining access if Calterm won't work with automotive files?

Im not versed in MM3 or raceme software.

Is this what people are using?

Here are some common themes I run into with every heavy-duty tuner claiming stock power and safe tunes.
    Sorry, for the last five years, all we have used is the MM3 from DRD for all our trucks, as we don't have the time to have issues with our trucks and such.

We hope someone here will be able to help you going forward.

God bless,
    igotacummins

"The grass is greener where you water it"

16. Thanks Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, SyN, CrazyTrain, watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Yea, fair enough.

DRD might be doing okay stuff, but without him showing some tables, which should be no big deal and not secret, you go by feel, and in my experience, feel isn't enough.

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Revv View Post
    Yea, fair enough.

DRD might be doing okay stuff, but without him showing some tables, which should be no big deal and not secret, you go by feel, and in my experience, feel isn't enough.
    Why not buy the key and software and tune it yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast