Thanks Thanks:  39
Likes Likes:  113
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RAM Aisin Trans Woes After Weight Loss?

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: RAM Aisin Trans Woes After Weight Loss?

How are you guys running these newer custom tunes, particularly those with the Aisin?

I have been a DRD customer since day 1 in the custom Mini Max days.

Ray went far beyond for me through the years.

However, with these new tunes, the throttle is so wild there is no driving it smoothly.

The throttle is like you are flooring it when it is below 30%, and then it drops off rapidly.

I was hoping someone else had some experience with this with some resolution.

2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 AISIN 3.73 DRW - RaceMe Ultra / WARP by Double R Diesel
    2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 68RFE 3.73 - Mini Maxx MCC by Double R Diesel
    2010 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4x4 Garmon 68RFE 3.73 - 500k+ miles Raceme Ultra / Warp by Double R Diesel

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew67 View Post
    How are you guys running these newer custom tunes, particularly those with the Aisin?

I have been a DRD customer since day 1 in the custom Mini Max days.

Ray went far beyond for me through the years.

However, with these new tunes, the throttle is so wild there is no driving it smoothly.

The throttle is like you are flooring it when it is below 30%, and then it drops off rapidly.

I was hoping someone else had some experience with this with some resolution.
    When you say “newer custom tunes,” how new are you looking for?

I have an Aisin, and mine was installed in May 2019.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Likes watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

I have had the throttle issue with any tune I received after the switch update.

When the move away from the RT files to change power levels occurred.

2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 AISIN 3.73 DRW - RaceMe Ultra / WARP by Double R Diesel
    2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 68RFE 3.73 - Mini Maxx MCC by Double R Diesel
    2010 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4x4 Garmon 68RFE 3.73 - 500k+ miles Raceme Ultra / Warp by Double R Diesel

6. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

I haven’t experienced any throttle issues with my tuning from DRD.

Unfortunately, DRD is no longer available for technical support.

Hopefully, others with this tuning and Aisin transmission will chime in with their experience.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Likes Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    I haven’t experienced any throttle issues with my tuning from DRD.

Unfortunately, DRD is no longer available for technical support.

Hopefully, others with this tuning and Aisin transmission will chime in with their experience.
    I haven't had any throttle issues, either.

I usually keep mine on 90 hp tune.

When I 1st got it tuned, I would change tunes alot, and transmission wasn't learning.

Once, I just picked a tune and left it there; everything was fine after a few hundred miles.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

10. Thanks AK Bob, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

I had no throttle sensitivity issues with the DRD/MM3 combo.

There was less throttle "lag," but the way it was tuned, I had to dip into the throttle to get it to respond.

It was less responsive than the factory, I felt like.

Indeed, you couldn't feel any added power by the seat of your pants.

This was after a revision to address the issue.

I've re-tuned with CTG tuning and an EZLynk from Performance Calibration, and I could not be happier.

It drives WAY better than the DRD tunes, EB works better, spools faster, TM is ON POINT!, and has a wider, more usable power band.

On top of all that, the turbo doesn't surge like a MOFO while warming up on cold mornings.

I didn't need to perform a re-learn on the trans either after re-tuning like I did with DRD.

I'm so happy I ditched the DRD tunes.

I'll probably add Calibrated Powers Aisin tuning in the next week or two.

12. Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

Calibrated Power Aisin tunes inbound.

Should be added to my EZLynk account in the next day or so, and I'll get it flashed this weekend so I have a chance to drive it for 20 or so miles without the trailer.

I can't wait to hopefully see and feel the differences!

Im hoping for more than just elevated shift points.

14. Likes AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #28

Aisin is tuned. I only drove it about 20 miles unloaded to test it out after tuning. I loaded the "aggressive" tune for 35s or a bigger turbo. I have 3.42 gears, 34s and pull a 14k enclosed trailer all day with mowers in it.
    Initial observations are good. It stayed in 1st for more then 3 feet LOL. It didnt immediately shift to second after you start rolling. Ill actually get some use out of first gear. The 2-1 down shift also takes place before you stop, so I'm really hoping that 2-1, 1-2 hunting during a rolling stop is resolved. Just those two things would be worth the price of admission. 6th hit around 65mph and as soon as you tip in to go up a hill it down shifts to 5th. Each gear shift point is raised. But it your under very light throttle through town, it didnt hang in a lower gear. Again these are my initial impressions. I RARELY drive around unloaded. The real test will be hooking back up to the trailer tomorrow, and seeing the differences with a load behind it like I'm used to. Im hoping to see a higher readiness to down shift when pulling a hill. One thing I did notice was making a right hand through a light at the square in town, I slowed down enough for it to shift in to 1st gear. It coulda stayed in 2nd easy, but I guess I was just right on the cusp of the 2-1 down shift coming through the turn. Im hoping there aren't to many little things like that that will annoy me. If I was loaded it probably wouldnt have been to "annoying". But unloaded it was just un necessary.

Of course there are two more tunes for that are less agressive that I could load and try out. We'll see what happens.

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123