Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: HG finally caught up

1. Top Of Page | #61
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I've heard of alot of guys using the H11's and abusing the h*ll out of them with no issues. if you look at it tho the 625's are already stronger than the block itself, so safe bet would be if there's a possibility of failure when running those it'll be lifting the stud and stripping the threads out of the block. H11's really arent that far behind. i could be wrong, but i would think H11's would be right at that point of being just weak enough to be the expected fail point if it came to it, and not anything that could be more $$$ and time to fix like the block itself.

2. Top Of Page | #62
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

since i just linked this thread i figured i should update this on what i ended up doing. i went the the ARP 425's (or 2000's, whichever you want to call them) and had them over torqued (per recommendation from ARP themselves) in a 3 pass sequence. so far since then i've beat the crap out of this truck, a few runs down the drag strip, one of which i hammered it so hard i am very surprised i didnt break something, along with some runs thru a few mud pits. i have no complaints and no worrys about these studs holding up.

3. Top Of Page | #63
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Glad to hear your happy, now bigger turbo and injectors

4. Top Of Page | #64
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiandiesel View Post
    Glad to hear your happy, now bigger turbo and injectors
    lmao!!! that is the plan!!! i'm going full on Tim Taylor as far as "More Power"!!!! but, unfortunately, that wallet delete kit means i have to be patient and wait until the funds are built up

5. Top Of Page | #65

User Info Menu

These trucks are like train sets. Never done. Good to hear thay are working for you Drew.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567