Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HG finally caught up

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

HG finally caught up

Been running my 09 QCSB deleted with minimaxx on performance for over a year now, always letting her get to temp before going anywhere, getting a few miles before getting into it... Never just dropping out of the fuel pedal, letting it cool out etc... And it looks like stop and go driving behind some random parade finally caused something to happen to pop my HG :-( I guess it's a good thing tax returns are coming soon right?

2. Top Of Page | #2
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Time for a better one and studs

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yupper, from most of what I've read and heard tho, stock gasket is holding the best, but I'm looking at some H-11 studs to stick in there. I'm really hoping can keep this repair as close to $1k as possible and still not have to worry bout doing it again down the road

4. Top Of Page | #4
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

You know the arp 2000 are a great stud that just as much force as the h11 studs and sit around the 600 mark, gasket 120 mark

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I've done a lot of research a while ago on all the studs available... The 425's from ARP are a good price, and good peace of mind if just deleting and keeping mild power, H11's and ARP 625's are both good options for making decent to outrageous power. Are the 625's better? Yes, worth the extra money better? Debatable. Some big name sled pullers pushing some serious numbers both boost and hp are having no issues with the H11's and just over the $700 price tag

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Now if someone could point me to the best (read cheapest) place to get some H11 studs....

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Call us Monday when you get a chance we will hook you up!

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

No such thing. It
    s a fair traded item. Everybody has to sell them for the same price. Keeps competition fair

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I was afraid of that polaraco... Had to ask just in case someone somewhere was going out of business and had them 50% off or something

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

You may want to consider H13 studs...stronger than ARP offerings. http://www.extreme-studs.com/cummins-studs.html

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast