Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  16

Thread: 68RFE - Allison - ATS?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

68RFE - Allison - ATS?

I like the idea of an Allison; however, the 68RFE seems much cheaper to buy fully built up.

Will a 68RFE hold up at a 500whp build, or will it only last for about 25k miles?

If i dump $8k+ into a transmission, I hope it will last a long time.

From what I've read, alot of the built 68RFEs will hold power but only for a limited time before they need to be rebuilt again.

The Allisons, on the other hand, seem to be more robust.

What is everyone's experience with built 68's?

Who would you buy a built trans from?

2. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

68RFE - Allison - ATS?

Revmax or Randy's transmissions.

A built 68 depending on power to parts will hold up to 500hp easily.

I suggest going to either one of who I mentioned and seek out what model to power your seeking to safeguard you reliably with your power goals.

I only recall 2 or 3 members here that have shoved an Allison under a Cummins, which I think did a write up somewhere on the forums.

Last edited by Corkey; 01-30-2023 at 09:19 PM. Reason: grammer
    II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

4. Thanks jwolfe, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

68RFE - Allison - ATS?

My preference would be Randy's.

But either is good.

I helped a buddy 5 years ago put a Allison on a 1st gen but that was easier than the newer trucks because of less electronics.

His setup still runs to this day.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

68RFE - Allison - ATS?

Check out Muldoon’s Diesel Performance online as they are great people to work with.

There out of New Castle Delaware and sell a 550hp stage 1.

Here below I’ll paste a post I sent someone else about this subject as I hope this helps.

I just got mine done at Muldoon’s out of New Castle Delaware.

2yr. Unlimited mileage warranty only 1,800 miles on it so far with no issues.

I went with the 700 they offer.

Only thing I asked to change was the torque converter.

I went with a ultra low stall from Revmax which helps eliminate most of the shift flare theses trans have.

They built it and installed it.

Appointment was within three weeks and dropped the truck off on Monday and was ready late the next day.

I was stuck between Randy’s or Muldoon’s. Picked Muldoon’s because of reviews, price, and location.

Not to mention installed with a great warranty all included and less expensive than the others.

Ruled out Revmax due to many reviews said there products were good but since Covid there builds were sloppy and having many issues for customers.

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post