Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  16

Thread: 2010 RAM 2500 CCLB - Small Water Leak Inside Of Cab?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2010 RAM 2500 CCLB - Small Water Leak Inside Of Cab?

OK, I have factory cab lamps inspected; they looked fine, but I installed all brand new OE lamps.

I was aware of the water leak from the CHMSL and sealed it with butyl tape, but I just ordered a brand new OE lamp (part number change from a revision) and not sure what changed, but I installed the new lamp. I am getting a tiny bit of dampness inside the rear under-seat storage bin on the pass side; the rest is all dry.

It's a minimal amount, with no standing water, just damp.

I have a cardboard box in there with some special tools to service Warn-free wheeling hubs if I am out on the road and it degraded from being damp, so now I'm using a small shotgun plastic ammo from Plano for those tools.

The liner in the storage pocket is rubberized, so the water is coming in from the top.

I have a satellite antenna on that side, suppose it could be the rear power sliding rear window.

The CHMSL is a known issue; I think I have it covered.

TSBss showed some seam leaks and GPS antenna, but only in the the1500s, they showed the CHMSL for 2500/3500, but I think I have it covered.

Does anyone else have this issue? I may run the heater at full speed on fresh air, pressurize the cab and use the soap spray around suspected areas.

Thanks for listening.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2010 RAM 2500 CCLB - Small Water Leak Inside Of Cab?

I was just wondering if you may have some water intrusion from the pressure vents.

See link below.

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...-Leaking-Water

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    I was just wondering if you may have some water intrusion from the pressure vents.

See link below.

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...-Leaking-Water
    I'm so certain you were right, the parts are on their way.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Cab baffles have been installed; the water leak is gone.

It wasn't bad, but it would have gotten worse.

This issue is closed now.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post