Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  17

Thread: LED Turn/Marker Bulbs

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

LED Turn/Marker Bulbs

I just put in some JDM ASTAR switchback 3157 bulbs and am getting hyper flash on the dash, but it is a standard signal outside, although my tow mirrors hyper flash now.

I have Alfaobd, and every bulb in/on my truck is LED with no issues.

The DRL currently is the turn signal being amber and the bulb white as a marker.

When the marker light is on (headlights on), I get a parking out message, and they switch to amber for the turn signal.

I need a harness extension for the dedicated DRL circuit for the switchback to work correctly.

Are there any tricks to get the hyper flash on the dash to go away without resistors?

I do have the correct setting thru Alfaobd.

2. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: LED Turn/Marker Bulbs

You will have to install a resistor to stop the hyper flash.

LEDs draw such little power the CANbus system thinks the bulb is out, which gives the bulb out warning.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Thanks Corkey, Opie011, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, Opie011, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I had the same thing happen with my Morimoto headlights, everything was fine for a couple of years, but then the dash and mirror would hyper flash, and the front and rear turn signals would flash normally.

I replaced my headlights with a replacement set of Morimoto's because of some cracking of the lenses, and it went away, then came back.

I cleaned all the terminals in the plugs and added some dielectric grease, which has been working fine since.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

6. Thanks watersupply189, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Everything operates as usual until my marker lights come on at night with the headlights, and I use a turn signal causing the marker light to go from white to amber.

I might try to run a wire from the dedicated DRL circuit to each marker light.

If that doesn't work, I'll try amber LED bulbs, not switchbacks.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post