Thanks Thanks:  54
Likes Likes:  140
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smeding S464 Exhaust 1.00 83 Billet Turbo?

1. Top Of Page | #11

Re: Smeding S464 Exhaust 1.00 83 Billet Turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    They might still have some in stock.

@DDP

You'll enjoy the truck once all said and done, no doubt.
    Hey I meant to ask you if your turbo is also a smeding turbo?

2. Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rsl0311usmc View Post
    Hey I meant to ask you if your turbo is also a smeding turbo?
    https://industrialinjection.com/coll...it-2007-5-2012

I went with Industrial Injection's kit.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

4. Thanks rsl0311usmc thanked for this post
    Likes rsl0311usmc, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

https://industrialinjection.com/coll...it-2007-5-2012

I went with Industrial Injection's kit.
    I saw there kit it looks really nice also. I hear the biggest thing with this install is to properly clock the turbo and I am going to put some oil in mine once it's vertical.

6. Likes AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Yes, pre oil the bearings before initial fire up to prevent premature turbo wear.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

8. Thanks rsl0311usmc, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

Well I decided to start on the truck today doing the second gen swap. I am currently pulling the old stuff off. I got a big question for anyone who has done this. Should I remove this module were all the harnesses come off the turbo or bundle it all up. Thanks
    20230130_164944.jpg

10. Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Is it the truck side electronics for the VGT?

I believe I had disconnected what I could or I just zip tied the connector out of the way.

I think that's what I had done.

Hopefully someone else will confirm on this.

The push button for the EB just becomes a dead switch, the truck shouldn't pop up codes with the "pixi dust" for the swap.

12. Thanks rsl0311usmc thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, rsl0311usmc, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

Is it the truck side electronics for the VGT?

I believe I had disconnected what I could or I just zip tied the connector out of the way.

I think that's what I had done.

Hopefully someone else will confirm on this.

The push button for the EB just becomes a dead switch, the truck shouldn't pop up codes with the "pixi dust" for the swap.
    It's were this exhaust O2 looking bung goes to. The sensor was on the back of the turbo exhaust housing then it goes to the module. The module connector looks like a pain to disconnect. Not sure if it needs to stay and just zip tie everything?
    20230130_190730.jpg

14. Likes Corkey, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

It's were this exhaust O2 looking bung goes to. The sensor was on the back of the turbo exhaust housing then it goes to the module. The module connector looks like a pain to disconnect. Not sure if it needs to stay and just zip tie everything?
    20230130_190730.jpg
    This is the upstream NOx sensor. To the best of my knowledge it should already be tuned out and can be removed. Hopefully someone can confirm this.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

16. Thanks Corkey, rsl0311usmc thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Corkey, rsl0311usmc liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    This is the upstream NOx sensor. To the best of my knowledge it should already be tuned out and can be removed. Hopefully someone can confirm this.
    Yes you are correct I sent Ray an email and he said I can take it off. The crazy part is I don't even see how to unplug it but I am going to find a way. By the way let me tell you all that pulling that VGT turbo before the manifold sucks LOL. I had a moment were I needed to walk away but finally got it. Gonna get on it more tomorrow. Can't wait to finish it up and Smeding Diesel has been awesome answering everytime I call and every question I have.

18. Thanks Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Yes you are correct I sent Ray an email and he said I can take it off. The crazy part is I don't even see how to unplug it but I am going to find a way. By the way let me tell you all that pulling that VGT turbo before the manifold sucks LOL. I had a moment were I needed to walk away but finally got it. Gonna get on it more tomorrow. Can't wait to finish it up and Smeding Diesel has been awesome answering everytime I call and every question I have.
    Sounds good, please continue to keep us posted as your information and experiences will help others.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

20. Thanks rsl0311usmc thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, rsl0311usmc, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast