Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: Bed Liner?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Bed Liner?

So my truck came with one of those plastic bed liners.

I am unsure how long it's been on since I am not the original owner.

I took it off/out this past weekend, and the bed is in pretty good shape.

Before I start bending over and going to Line-x, has anyone done one of those roll-on bed liner kits?

Do they work alright?

My main goal is to cover up all of the areas where the plastic bed liner rubbed the paint off and keep the potential of the bed rusting away from happening.

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Bed Liner?

I used Herculiner on rocker panels and frame rails.

I sprayed it on instead of a roller, and it turned out pretty well. It 100% stops stone chips on my rockers.

I have Line-X in my bed and hauled just about everything you can imagine (bricks, engine blocks, feed).

It is pretty unbeatable.

I guess it will depend on what you will haul in your bed. I don't think the Herculiner would hold up to the same abuse I have put the Line-X through.

I have also been checking out Raptor Liner.

There are many YouTube videos of people putting that on with success.

I would probably rank Raptor Liner between Line-X (most durable) and Herculiner.

Some of the spray-can ones at your local box stores are probably not worth the time or money.

I tried the Rustoleum spray liner on other non-automotive projects, but it didn't hold up well.

I ended up using Herculiner again.

With any DIY system (or any coating process), the surface prep is 99% of long-term durability.

-Muzzy

2008 Megacab 4x4 G56 Trans - All mods lost in boating accident - EFI Live by Muzzy, 2nd gen S467.7/83/1.0, Banks Monster Ram, 5" Exhaust, Grid Heater Delete, Rail Plug, BD Flowmax LP, SB Clutch, Fuel Sump -8AN line, Bilstein 5100s, Cali Track Bar, Dynatec B-joints, Level Springs, 1" Lift Shackles Rear, Royal Purple Lubricants...there is probably more that I forgot.

4. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS, SyN thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS, SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Bed Liner?

This will be more of a protection for the bed to keep it from rusting.

Most items that go into the bed are wood or dead deer.

Most of my bed use was when we did a lot of camping and had the family farm.

Now with the farm gone and camping not happening at the moment, the bed is primarily unused, other than random items here and there.

So minimal abuse LOL which is why i was leaning toward the do-it-yourself style

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Muzzy, AK Bob, SyN, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post