Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  18

Thread: 2017 3500 SRW Reg Cab Long Bed - Exhaust?

1. Top Of Page | #1

2017 3500 SRW Reg Cab Long Bed - Exhaust?

I have a 2017 3500 SRW Regular cab long bed with air assist.

A weight loss program is on the table.

I'm not looking for a turbo back exhaust, but delete pipes.

I'm looking at the FLO~PRO 868NB.

Several places say it does not fit a regular cab, while others say it includes all configurations.

I don't care if I have to cut the length to fit; that's not a big deal.

If there's room, I'll be installing a 30" FTE resonator too, so chopping it up is okay.

Does anyone have experience with this or another set of pipes that fit the regular cab?

The other thing is I'm finding them ranging in price from $289 at DPFdeleteshop.com to over $600 (not the SS version) at some preferred forum vendors.

Is there a difference I'm missing?

Thanks, guys.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2017 3500 SRW Reg Cab Long Bed - Exhaust?

I have a 2015 regular cab 2500 and have installed a complete system from FLO~PRO.

Most of the systems I have used were made for all cabs and all beds, but no on the factory air ride; the only piece I have ever had to cut to fit is the piece that goes in right before the "over the axle" pipe to make the system shorter, and it was a short piece, to begin with.

Every pipe was a direct fit from the downpipe till that point with no cutting and easily cleared all cross members.

So I imagine if you were to buy the FLO~PRO delete pipe, there might be some cutting of the rear of the pipe involved when running a 30-inch resonator but other than that, I wouldn't see why you couldn't cram everything in there as far as you having air ride and leaf springs, not coils in a 3500 as long as you can keep the "over axle" pipe on back in the same position when putting everything back together you should be fine.

Measure 3 or 4 times and cut once.

I hope this helps.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

Update on this.

The FLO~PRO 868NB DOES NOT fit a regular cab.

On a regular cab the exhaust exits the DPF at about a 45 degree angle, and goes right in to the "over the axle" or tail pipe.

Unlike other cab and bed configurations, there is no straight section off the back of the DPF and no straight section on the tailpipe.

Im sure you could use the kit and cobble something together if you wanted to.

But it is not intended to fit a regular cab unless you have additional parts and modify it.

On the other hand the turbo back exhaust fit perfectly trimming it to fit exactly like the instructions indicate

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

30" FTE Resonator fits perfectly on the first 'race pipe' section with the flange to the downpipe.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post