Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  23

Thread: Turbo Advice?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Turbo Advice?

I have a 2016 RAM 2500 and am looking for advice on what is better and why.

I am between the BD Screamer and the Fleece Cheetah, but I am also open to looking at other options.

2. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Turbo Advice?

I don't know much about the Screamer, but I can say that Fleece also has excellent customer service with warranty policies.

I had the 64MM Cheetah for a small duration of time.

I just went with a 2G setup instead.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Dlarsen09, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Turbo Advice?

Thank you for the input!

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Turbo Advice?

I should have stated, I did notice a bit of difference from stock to the cheetah.

I swapped over to the MM3 " best thing for any Cummins" at the same time.

It is a reliable turbo, but really no need for throwing bigger injectors in with a 64M turbo.

If you go to a 67M, you'll certainly want to get a reliable sourced company to run with, as well with the supporting mods listed below.

Air dog or FASS lift pump, 10M CP3, injectors with push rods and 105# springs since your already there, crossover tubes, head studs, exhaust manifold to expel the increased heat generated with exhaust, intake horn to get cooler air in, with a doc visit to complete everything to work together.

It's up to you if you want to buy all at once or piece by piece.

Yes, stock fueling can get the truck by on a 67 "some claim" but to get peak performance on your hard-working money and build, that's what I would suggest stepping into a big single turbo.

Don't forget about the transmission LOL.

If you have a 68RFE like me, it won't take long before the power finds the weak links.

Your foot should only be as heavy as your wallet.

I strongly suggest building the transmission first before the motor if you're seeking the HP\TORQUE route.

We have vendors here to help with product, pricing and availability.

Last edited by Corkey; 01-13-2023 at 08:06 PM. Reason: grammer
    II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

8. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Dlarsen09, BrentM, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Turbo Advice?

Thank you, Corkey!

My turbo and actuator are bad, and that’s what’s starting this snowball, along with some money to burn, haha.

I am going to order an MM3 from DRD; not sure if I want a 4” or 5” with a muffler.

Like deeper tone but going to have a newborn soon and don’t want to wake everyone up when I leave at 3 am.

I have a 68 with about 20k miles on it.

When that blows, I will probably get a Randy’s Trans.

The truck is a daily but also tow and used it to chase races.

So mostly looking for something reliable but with some extra power, so I’m not the slowest diesel in town anymore.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Turbo Advice?

I have the Fleece Cheetah, and it's been great.

My truck has turned into a weekend warrior, so I've only put about 5k miles on that turbo.

With that said, I put the Cheetah in before the weight loss, and it pulls harder than the factory turbo, and now, with tunes, it's even better.

I run the 90hp tune, and I'm scared to break the trans, so I've only hit about 75% throttle, only 27psi boost the truck hauls.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Dlarsen09, AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Turbo Advice?

I am interested in this as I am waiting for a City Diesel Actuator; maybe I should replace the whole turbo.

My original thought was eventually going to a compound setup using the factory turbo and the new actuator.

I want to keep the exhaust brake, so I want to stay with a VGT.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post