Likes Likes:  32

Thread: BCM Programming?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

BCM Programming?

Hello, all; my name is Ken.

I am new to this forum.

Great to be a part of it.

I have Cummins Packard & Detroit engines running in my trucks.

At Present, I’m trying to find out if anyone here has programmed a BCM; if so, could you advise me on the steps to do so?

I’m told I can use my Cummins Insite to do it.

This is my first time dealing with multiplexing, so I would like a better understanding and tips before I start.

Thanks for any help.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: BCM Programming?

Quote Originally Posted by Krock View Post

I am new to this forum.

At Present, I’m trying to find out if anyone here has programmed a BCM; if so, could you advise me on the steps to do so?

I’m told I can use my Cummins Insite to do it.

This is my first time dealing with multiplexing, so I would like a better understanding and tips before I start.

Thanks for any help.
    Following, very interested in this also.

I do know the Autel Maxisys 909 and up are capable of programming modules and they have a service called “remote expert” where you can select and hire a technician to perform the programming remotely.

Please keep us posted.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

@Krock I did a little digging on the internet and came across this video.

He used AlfaOBD to copy and save the config file from the original BCM to a replacement.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

BCM Programming?

I’ve added a few mods in my BCM.

I used OBDLinkMX+ as the hardware interface to use AlphaOBD (software) to make changes in the BCM.

As AKBob states, making a file of your stock configuration is best before you start.

Only change one thing at a time, and keep a record of what you change.

You can goof things up if you change the wrong settings and don’t know how to change them back.

I did tons of research before I started and was careful to follow my plan and take notes.

I have never used Cummins Insite, so I can’t help you there.

2016 3500 Laramie Mega DRW Aisin 3.73

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, CrazyTrain thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Krock View Post

I am new to this forum.

At Present, I'm trying to find out if anyone here has programmed a BCM; if so, could you advise me on the steps to do so?

I'm told I can use my Cummins Insite to do it.

Thanks for any help.
    Well, BCM is a body control module, right?

This is different than the engine control module.

BCM from about 2013 (when FIAT took over from Mercedes) up to 2017, you should be able to use AlfaOBD, and change settings.

After that, you get into a gateway module that needs to be bypassed.

For $50, I bought the full AlfaOBD version and loaded it onto my laptop.

It doesn't do anything for my 2010 model Dalmer Chrysler product.

What year do you have?

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    Well, BCM is a body control module, right?

It doesn't do anything for my 2010 model Dalmer Chrysler product.

What year do you have?
    Update, it works great, all operator error.

I was using the windows version, once I figured it all out, now I operate it like a seasoned pro.

This is a very valuable and powerful tool, not only does it config options, it will run active test, calibrate VGT actuators, read 4 digit PIN to program new keys, I even turned on my reverse chime.

I get 5 dings like a key chime every time I cycle it to reverse.

I shut off my seat belt buzzer (light still on) and of course, I turned on my blue tooth uconnect module and factory brake controller I installed way back, all works great.

Break controller always worked, just didnt show up on my EVIC, not it does.

Anyway, get this program, works on 06 and later, in 18, there is a security bypass you need to install, its a snap.

Now I am trying to figure out how to turn on my alarm, think I need a hood pin switch.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

11. Likes watersupply189, CrazyTrain, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    @Krock I did a little digging on the internet and came across this video.

He used AlfaOBD to copy and save the config file from the original BCM to a replacement.

AK, there is an option to save all your original settings to a file so you can default back if you needed too.