Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: RAM Cab/Chassis Engine Swap Advice

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

RAM Cab/Chassis Engine Swap Advice

I’ve done some searching and haven’t been able to find a definite answer.

I’ve gotten a chance to buy a 2011 RAM 5500 C&C 4x4 truck for a good deal.

The problem is it has a miss, and from my understanding of cab and chassis trucks, it is probably a dropped valve/seat.

I have not heard it run to see what may be wrong, So let’s assume the engine is trashed.

I have a 2007 2wd 6.7L Cummins truck for around the farm that runs excellent, but the frame and body are in much less than desirable conditions (major rust).

Is there any way I can swap this engine into the C&C truck?

Can the engine with ecm be switched in and function with the rest of the truck?

Maybe some tuning changes?

I’m confident from my research that the injectors are different between the two, so a motor swap with the 2011 ECM isn’t possible.

The emissions from the 2007 are removed, so that’s not a concern, but I would also probably need a new tune as it was deleted with a Smarty.

Any advice you experts have out there would be great.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9 - 250% Injectors, 14mm Race CP3, 250gph Fass, Taterbuilt 68/68 Turbo with Steed Speed Manifold, 188/220 Cam, Streetfighter Rods, Girdle, Studded with Valvetrain upgraded, Comp 3 48re Trans

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: RAM Cab/Chassis Engine Swap Advice

Anything is possible, depending on how much pain you want to endure.

Mechanically, it should be a direct swap for the long block.

The C&C probably has the Aisin trans in it.

That will be one major problem to overcome.

There are some significant changes in wiring and modules between 07 and 11, along with pickup versus C&C.

The BCM and TCM are different and all talk to the same CAN as the PCM.

You could probably get the C&C to run on the 07 harness (that's not including the trans), but there would be a lot of functions that won't work after.

I estimate the easiest success would be the mechanical swap and maintain the C&C electrical components.

I would then work on removing the reliability impacting components off the 2011.

My 2 cents, good luck.

Keep us updated, as I would love to see how it turns out.

-Muzzy

2008 Megacab 4x4 G56 Trans - All mods lost in boating accident - EFI Live by Muzzy, 2nd gen S467.7/83/1.0, Banks Monster Ram, 5" Exhaust, Grid Heater Delete, Rail Plug, BD Flowmax LP, SB Clutch, Fuel Sump -8AN line, Bilstein 5100s, Cali Track Bar, Dynatec B-joints, Level Springs, 1" Lift Shackles Rear, Royal Purple Lubricants...there is probably more that I forgot.

4. Thanks ARB, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, ARB, CrazyTrain, Power247, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post