Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  33

Thread: Transmission Line Pressure In Cold Temperatures?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Transmission Line Pressure In Cold Temperatures?

Does anyone know if the DRD tunes have an ambient temp setting that reduces transmission line pressure?

It’s been 10 below zero, and my line pressure is dropping down to 70 psi at low engine load (I believe this is factory pressure) on both the desired pressure and actual pressure.

The pressure responds correctly and will still make around 170psi when the engine load is higher.

I’m unsure if this is normal for the temperature or if my trans-tune glitched and I should reflash my tune.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Transmission Line Pressure In Cold Temperatures?

I’d be curious about this too.

Even though I have revmax VB.

It was -10 here, and I didn’t see any pressure drop due to the cold weather.

Still curious, though.

@DRD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Nothing we have access to in the tuning changes line pressure when cold.

Could be the pump just struggles to push fluid and build pressure when the fluid is cold at lower rpms.

God bless,
    Ray
    DRD

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

My trans temp was 42* at startup, in my closed garage, the other day after not driving for a few days.

The warm-up struggle is real with this arctic chill

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lineguy View Post
    Does anyone know if the DRD tunes have an ambient temp setting that reduces transmission line pressure?

It’s been 10 below zero, and my line pressure is dropping down to 70 psi at low engine load (I believe this is factory pressure) on both the desired pressure and actual pressure.

The pressure responds correctly and will still make around 170psi when the engine load is higher.

I’m unsure if this is normal for the temperature or if my trans-tune glitched and I should reflash my tune.
    I was able to reload the tunes and transmission pressures went back to what they were before.

I did have a low battery shortly before it started acting up so I am assuming it glitched the transmission tunes.

9. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Opie011, watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lineguy View Post
    I was able to reload the tunes and transmission pressures went back to what they were before.

I did have a low battery shortly before it started acting up so I am assuming it glitched the transmission tunes.
    Most likely the case, these trucks will do some very strange things with low battery voltage.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

11. Likes Opie011, watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

If you reload your tunes, do you have to do a full relearn on the transmission?

13. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Opie011 View Post
    If you reload your tunes, do you have to do a full relearn on the transmission?
    Yes!

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

15. Thanks Opie011 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Corkey, Opie011 liked this post