Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  28

Thread: Mulitple MM3 VIN License?

1. Top Of Page | #1

Mulitple MM3 VIN License?

Hello all.

I'm sorry if this has been talked about. I searched and didn't find my answer.

Ive bought an MM3 with tunes from DRD and installed the tuner on the truck.

Now my buddies wanted tunes, so I purchased two more tune packs with different VINs but was unsure how to unlock the VIN to tune the other trucks.

Also, how would I switch back to one of the other trucks after there all tuned?

Please help me and TIA.

2. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Mulitple MM3 VIN License?

In addition to the tunes, did you purchase VIN licenses for each vehicle from MM3?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Likes watersupply189, Corkey, timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

No i did not. I guess im missing that part, hahaha. Dang it.

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AccuTech View Post
    No i did not. I guess im missing that part, hahaha. Dang it.
    Yes, see post #6 in the link below for additional details.

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...ssion-for-Tune

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

7. Thanks Corkey, timshooter40 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Corkey, timshooter40 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

Thank you, AK Bob!

That answers more questions.

Maybe you can help me with another question?

DRD sent me new SD cards for each VIN.

Do i save the files to the computer and install them on the main (stock) SD card?

Or I still don’t understand how to get the new licenses (once I purchase them tomorrow) onto each SD card to work.

And just made me think of another question.

Does each new SD card have all the files necessary to operate the MM3 on its own?

I don’t mean to sound stupid here; I'm used to EZ Lynk.

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AccuTech View Post
    Thank you, AK Bob!

That answers more questions.

Maybe you can help me with another question?

DRD sent me new SD cards for each VIN.

Do i save the files to the computer and install them on the main (stock) SD card?

Or I still don’t understand how to get the new licenses (once I purchase them tomorrow) onto each SD card to work.

And just made me think of another question.

Does each new SD card have all the files necessary to operate the MM3 on its own?

I don’t mean to sound stupid here; I'm used to EZ Lynk.
    Great questions; not sure, but I think the SD cards from DRD should have all the directories and VIN locked tunes for each vehicle and all the files necessary.

If this is the case, you will want to save the stock files from each truck to its respective card. You should make backup copies of each card with the stock file.

Regarding how or where the MM3 unlock files go, I would ask Dirk at MM3 when you order tomorrow.

Sorry, I don’t have all the answers you are looking for.

Others that have done it may chime in; if not, please keep us posted so we can all learn the process to help others.

10. Thanks Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Corkey, timshooter40 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

@AccuTec how did it go? Were you able to figure out the best way to manage the multiple tunes and VIN unlocks?

12. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40, Corkey liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

Hey AK Bob,

I did figure it out! Downloaded the request from the MM3 and emailed it to MM3 for new licenses. I was able to call them and talk to the guy also. Very helpful. But did find out I had to use the original SD card and I had to use the same vehicle i requested licenses from to download the licenses into the MM3. Otherwise, Once the licenses were downloaded and unlocked i just swapped SD cards and tuned the truck with not problems! It was actually very easy. Im just going to leave each vehicle on its own SD card.