Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: 2011 6.7L Tranny In Limp Mode

1. Top Of Page | #1

Question 2011 6.7L Tranny In Limp Mode

Alright, the truck drove fine one day (it’s not my daily driver.

It’ll sit for a week) got it on one of the first cold days, hit the remote start let her warm up.

Go to drive it, and D doesn’t want to come out first until I let off a little (I figured it was just cold), but no, it continues to do this after every red light and stop sign.

Tranny never gets over 100 degrees, even on the highway but also, at the same time, the converter will unlock in 6th gear, and I have to ease out of the throttle to let it lock again.

Now the tranny is in limp mode.

With these codes P0732, P0933, P0935, P1790.

Suncoast tranny, and of course, RaceME with warp tunes and trans tunes.

Thinking maybe filter?

Or a converter, maybe?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

Re: 2011 6.7L Tranny In Limp Mode

It could be a couple of things.

1) If your internal filter isn't pushed all the way into its housing, that can cause an issue.

2) Have you ensured all your transmission grounds are fully secured and tightly snug?

3) I bought and had a shop install Suncoast Guardian HD 68RFE transmission.

If you took it to a shop and they installed it, and when they test-drove it to record PSI and all other parameter checks, it was good.

My only guess is it could be your transmission thermostat, which might be clogged or gone bad.

Buy a RevMax transmission thermostatic bypass, as I have one.

Transmission runs cooler and allows free fluid flow without restrictions to your cooler.

Sometimes, the thermostat gets stuck open or closed, allowing for issues to arise.

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post