Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: P0871 Code - 68RFE Problems - Shifting From 3rd To 4th Gear

1. Top Of Page | #1

P0871 Code - 68RFE Problems - Shifting From 3rd To 4th Gear

Hey all, I deleted my 6.7 Cummins w/ the 68RFE transmission roughly six months ago (mm3 w/ drd tunes) & everything has been okay.

About a month ago, I was towing a 13k load - truck in the "tow" tune - & as it was just trying to shift into third, the truck jolted, RPMs bounced up to 3200, and it shifted into gear.

Immediately after shifting the error code P0871 "Trans fluid Press Sens/Switch C Circ Range/Perf" popped up.

I pulled over, dropped the trailer, cleared the code, and drove back fine.

In the meantime, I have been researching possible solutions & driving the truck lightly for work, & the code has since not popped back up until a couple of days ago.

A few days back, I had to maneuver around a vehicle while driving, throttle pressure at 100%, & the code popped back up while trying to shift into 4th.

Ever since, the truck has had a noticeably hard shift between 3rd to 4th & can now feel it downshifts when slowing down.

Trans temps are average, & all of the other gears shift fine.

Same deal; I cleared the code & am now running the stock tune.

Not going to put this problem off any longer & would appreciate any help on this.

It sounds like, based on research, that it is a valve body issue & to get an upgrade VB from Revmax.

Still, I wanted to get opinions from others & see if there was any other information available before proceeding.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: P0871 Code - 68RFE Problems - Shifting From 3rd To 4th Gear

You need a new valve body.

P0871 happens when the solenoid switch valve bore wears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post