Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: WTB: 68RFE Trans Control Module

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

WTB: 68RFE Trans Control Module

The 2008 FSM says something like this:

In vehicles equipped with 68RFE transmission and a 6.7L Diesel engine, the TCM is housed in the NGC4 controller utilizing only the C1 and C4 connectors (TCMonly).

The controller is located at the rear of the engine compartment, near the right inner fender.

I'm working with a take-out motor that will be in something as "one wire" as I can make it (It's late 60s chassis), but I'm wondering what the TCM might look like and if anyone here knows of a source for used or something stand-alone that will work with the engine's CM2100A ECM.

The ECM model makes me think the motor is 2007.5 to 2009 range, but I don't know for sure.

I've looked on eBay and can find one for the ASIN trans, but not the RFE.

Maybe I don't know what I'm looking for, as it may be under a different description.

I wondered if anyone has replaced one of these before and knows where they can be found.

PS: I also (probably obviously) have a lot of questions shortly about simplifying the wiring harness (I have much of the engine harness and the ECM) and tuning to get rid of certain no longer needed engine accessories.

Thanks.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: WTB: 68RFE Trans Control Module

It would be leaps and bounds easier to use a CM849 ECU with a standalone harness and 5.9 injectors.

Also, either swap to a manual trans or a 47/48RE with a Firepunk anteater controller.

The 6.7L ECU is going to need other modules to run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, CrazyTrain liked this post