Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  16

Thread: EZ Lynk - Krazy On Highway Tunes?

1. Top Of Page | #1

EZ Lynk - Krazy On Highway Tunes?

I live in North Texas, so it doesn't get freezing that often; however, I have had the tunes from Krazy On Highway on my truck for about a year now, and this is my first time experiencing the tunes with the cold.

I noticed the other morning after remote starting and then going to get in the truck that it was rev-up and rolling coal way more than I would like.

Could this result from the tunes, and should I contact the company?

Specs for the tunes are the EZ Lynk for the 6.7L Cummins with the SOTF calibrations.

Just trying to figure out if it's a tunning issue and maybe I need to update it or is it something wrong with the delete.

However, it only occurs in the cold, probably done a hand full of times in the cold.

The spring/summer months had no issue with this whatsoever.

Thanks, everyone.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: EZ Lynk - Krazy On Highway Tunes?

My truck will "High Idle" once outside temps drop to freezing or near it to help with its "Warm Up" Cycle.

I would guess that your truck went into high idle, but the tune either doesn't account for it or can't account for it idling instead of under load, so it is still dumping the same fuel that it would if underload?

I don't know if there is a separate fuel table for idle conditions vs. under load, but maybe reach out to your tuner and ask if they can correct for a cold start high idle condition?

That would be my first guess.

Outside of that, if there isn't a separate tuning option for the idle condition or your tuner cannot correct for it, maybe dropping your tune back to "stock" before the shutdown on a freezing night, then flipping back to your higher power level after the warm-up has completed could be the workaround?

I'll defer to others with more experience on this, as I've only ever played with tuning on my car/bike.

Not sure what the 6.7L ECM is capable of.

* '17 CCLB G56 Laramie 4x4 - MM3 Tuned & Low Carb, Banks Grid Heater Delete, TV Delete, S&B CAI, 4" Turbo Back, Flo-Pro Muffler, Valair Quiet Dual Disc, CAT Fuel Filter Kit, Leveled, 18" Method 315 in Gold, 35" Toyo OC A/T II, HID Projectors, HLR LED Fogs, Infinity Speaker Upgrades, Line-X Platinum, WeatherTech Guards, XPEL Prime XR+
    * '02 WS6 M6 - ASC#3001 "Last of the Breed" - Full Suspension, CIE, on 18x11 Copper/Black CCW Classics.
    * '19 Triumph Speed Triple RS - Lots of Twill Carbon Fiber, SC Project Low Mount

4. Top Of Page | #3

Re: EZ Lynk - Krazy On Highway Tunes?

Thanks for the info!

I agree with you on your first guess.

I think it's using a different table, and it shouldn't.

I have reached out to the company that provided the tunes and am waiting for a response.

Thanks for the info. I was curious if anyone else has had this problem, but this helps me out.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, 17_G56 thanked for this post