Likes Likes:  144
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bed Stack 4th Gen North Carolina

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Bed Stack 4th Gen North Carolina

I've contemplated a single stack.

Does it go as it sounds?

Remove half the preexisting exhaust and clamps, probably have to bend a bit to line up correctly under the bed, cut a 5 or 5 1\4" hole, and mount the stack in place and connect the two together.

I have not seen or heard of where or if you can get a kit any longer.

I have the 5" TBE in place, I'm trying to visualize this and possibly add it to my Christmas list.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

2. Thanks rsl0311usmc thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, rsl0311usmc liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post

Does it go as it sounds?

Remove half the preexisting exhaust and clamps, probably have to bend a bit to line up correctly under the bed, cut a 5 or 5 1\4" hole, and mount the stack in place and connect the two together.

I have the 5" TBE in place, I'm trying to visualize this and possibly add it to my Christmas list.
    You can add a flex pipe and turn it up thru the bed, add a brace and bolt it to the front top of the bed to keep the pipe solid and in place.
    It sounds good but damn it’s loud especially if your back window is open. LOL

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Thanks Corkey, rsl0311usmc thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, rsl0311usmc liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    You can add a flex pipe and turn it up thru the bed, add a brace and bolt it to the front top of the bed to keep the pipe solid and in place.
    It sounds good but damn it’s loud especially if your back window is open. LOL

Sweet, so a flex pipe for going horizontal to vertical, cut a whole, install clamp & mount in place with a brace on the top rail of the bed.

If I can find a sweet stack, I may try this.

I'd rather have a shorter stack as opposed to it sticking over the cab.

Pretty sure I just lost my man card stating that...

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

6. Thanks watersupply189, rsl0311usmc thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Sweet, so a flex pipe for going horizontal to vertical, cut a whole, install clamp & mount in place with a brace on the top rail of the bed.

Lmbo, yeah pretty much.
    I kept mine above the cab to keep the soot from covering the back window and cab area. It’s pretty easy to do. The hardest thing for me was getting the courage to cut a 5” hole into the bed. LOL

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

8. Thanks rsl0311usmc thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, AK Bob, rsl0311usmc liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Ha! Ha! Or from Madison.

Believe it or not I can walk right up my road and cross my neighbors fence and I am in Madison county

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

Quote Originally Posted by 17_G56 View Post
    Sounds like you're more worried about how the wife will react than the local LEO's!

I know that feeling too, my truck is usually the family hauler and as such we didn't want it being some loud obnoxious thing after getting it deleted which is why I went with the 4" and muffler. Honestly though, even though stacks are cool, I feel like unless its a race truck or something a regular exit exhaust that sounds good is all I need these days. Stacks or straight pipes are just too loud for me, but I know I'm getting old too!
    Uh yeah happy wife happy life LOL. She already says it's to loud with the five inch strait pipe. Well her words obnoxious ha ha

12. Likes watersupply189, 17_G56, AK Bob liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

Does it go as it sounds?

I did a little research and surprisingly you can get them as universal kits with flex pipe. Then you just buy the stack you want. I was thinking the same thing as you till I searched because I know how hard it is just to get an exhaust. They even had an mbrp stack kit I believe

14. Thanks Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #28

That's how I did mine with my 7.3. Flex pipe hole in the bed and it was loud. One thing you should do if you dont cover the stack is find the low point in the exhaust and drill a pin hole for rain t drain out.

16. Thanks Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

That's what I was curious as too.

It's already a pain finding a normal exhaust.

Just was not sure on the pluming for going vertical.

Should be fairly simple finding just the stack " I would think."

18. Thanks rsl0311usmc thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rsl0311usmc View Post
    Uh yeah happy wife happy life LOL. She already says it's to loud with the five inch strait pipe. Well her words obnoxious ha ha
    Might be better off keeping the stack off of it otherwise the Wife won't want to ride in it anymore.

I've been in a couple of 2nd and 3rd gens with stacks and they are loud as hell IMHO. Hell the ones I see running around here are loud when I'm anywhere near them but hey man do whatever makes you happy, just hope it doesn't cause you trouble with the wife!

* '17 CCLB G56 Laramie 4x4 - MM3 Tuned & Low Carb, Banks Grid Heater Delete, TV Delete, S&B CAI, 4" Turbo Back, Flo-Pro Muffler, Valair Quiet Dual Disc, CAT Fuel Filter Kit, Leveled, 18" Method 315 in Gold, 35" Toyo OC A/T II, HID Projectors, HLR LED Fogs, Infinity Speaker Upgrades, Line-X Platinum, WeatherTech Guards, XPEL Prime XR+
    * '02 WS6 M6 - ASC#3001 "Last of the Breed" - Full Suspension, CIE, on 18x11 Copper/Black CCW Classics.
    * '19 Triumph Speed Triple RS - Lots of Twill Carbon Fiber, SC Project Low Mount

20. Thanks rsl0311usmc thanked for this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast