Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surging Issues - Not Typical Cold Start - In Gear When Warm

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Surging Issues - Not Typical Cold Start - In Gear When Warm

**Do it right or do it twice**

If the OEM Bosch lasted a decade and 170k+ miles, replace it with the Bosch version

*Now for example if it was a Mopar part that was made by Bosch as the OEM I would tell you to buy the Bosch version as you don't need to pay extra for a Mopar box, does not seem like this is the case*

2. Thanks 17_G56, Rmfb99 thanked for this post
    Likes 17_G56, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    **Do it right or do it twice**

If the OEM Bosch lasted a decade and 170k+ miles, replace it with the Bosch version

*Now for example if it was a Mopar part that was made by Bosch as the OEM I would tell you to buy the Bosch version as you don't need to pay extra for a Mopar box, does not seem like this is the case*
    Thanks Ricky, I wasn't sure if the OEM unit was Bosch or not and a quick google listed both at different prices.

If OEM is Bosch then I'd just go with the Bosch unit and save yourself (hopefully!) any headaches down the road with the fuel system.

* '17 CCLB G56 Laramie 4x4 - MM3 Tuned & Low Carb, Banks Grid Heater Delete, TV Delete, S&B CAI, 4" Turbo Back, Flo-Pro Muffler, Valair Quiet Dual Disc, CAT Fuel Filter Kit, Leveled, 18" Method 315 in Gold, 35" Toyo OC A/T II, HID Projectors, HLR LED Fogs, Infinity Speaker Upgrades, Line-X Platinum, WeatherTech Guards, XPEL Prime XR+
    * '02 WS6 M6 - ASC#3001 "Last of the Breed" - Full Suspension, CIE, on 18x11 Copper/Black CCW Classics.
    * '19 Triumph Speed Triple RS - Lots of Twill Carbon Fiber, SC Project Low Mount

4. Likes AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I can see the stamping of Bosch on the Mopar version (which is almost $400, like I said, the Mopar version is probably double the price for the Bosch unit in a Mopar box) in the pic.

https://www.quirkparts.com/oem-parts...SABEgJIdfD_BwE

Get the Bosch and report back when all is well.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, 17_G56 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, 17_G56, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

@Geno's Garage has Bosch FCAs for $150.

I’ve had them overnighted from them for about $50-60 extra if you need it in a hurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, 17_G56, Corkey liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12