Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  33

Thread: Leave It Stock? - Level Or Drop It?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Leave It Stock? - Level Or Drop It?

I am looking for opinions on behavior between the different tire and gearing setups.

I'll be due for tires and brakes, more than likely in the spring.

I plan to start spending a lot more $ under the hood.

The truck gets driven 60 miles or so every day and is my daily driver.

I enjoy the way 33's and 3.73's behave, having driven most combinations of tuned/untuned 6.7's.

My three (four really) options:
    1. Stock height. Beef up the front steering and buy some Night Edition wheels, more than likely.
    2. Drop the rear. Still beef up steering, but purchase some 20x10s and 33x12.5s.
    3. Leveling kit with 35's and 22x10s.
    4. Leveling kit with 37's and offroad, probably Method faux bead locks.

Plan to spend some money with Synergy regardless due to good reviews from many people.

2019 Tradesman CCSB 6.7: S&S 10MM CP3, DRD "Enhanced", Flo-Pro 4" Straight Pipe, Fleece and Revmax goodies, Weight-loss supplements and Buckstop Prius-deflectors

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I don't think you can fit 37s with just a level.

I stuffed 37's undermine with a 5" RC lift w\ no body spacers.

I still rubbed slightly on full turn, especially in reverse.

I also went with the 6-bolt redhead steering box w\ the support bracket.

Truly night and day difference.

Just my 0.02 on a lifted rig over slammed.

Guess it all depends, buddy, on what you do overall with it.

*Tow
    *Weekend truck
    *Daily driver
    *All the above

You cannot go wrong with synergy, hands down.

If your trans is built, you're ready for under the hood.

Resurface head, new HG, 425's or 625 studs; while your open, get 103 # Hamilton springs and push rods, FASS lift pump, 2G swap or VGT turbo 67MM, Good set of injectors, 3 pieces exhaust manifold or A steed speed, A revision and you'll be pooping nuggets for a few weeks and a few trips to court for tickets LOL.

I haven't touched gears yet, honestly; just waiting for it to go bad, so I have a reason too.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I appreciate the input.

If I were to stick with an 18x9 with the correct offset, 37x12.50s would fit on a Synergy level or any other level that is more than a spacer.

I'm gathering parts for cooling/other reliability mods.

Head studs and fuel upgrades will happen before I mess with the turbo setup.

2019 Tradesman CCSB 6.7: S&S 10MM CP3, DRD "Enhanced", Flo-Pro 4" Straight Pipe, Fleece and Revmax goodies, Weight-loss supplements and Buckstop Prius-deflectors

6. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Well, if I may, throw out another suggestion.

@DDP they are one of the vendors we have at hand.

Clayton and Mike will be more than willing to help you with any questions and concerns.

Not to mention pricing for you.

It's worth reaching out via phone or email for the fastest response.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

8. Thanks DDP, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    Well, if I may, throw out another suggestion.

@DDP they are one of the vendors we have at hand.

Clayton and Mike will be more than willing to help you with any questions and concerns.

Not to mention pricing for you.

It's worth reaching out via phone or email for the fastest response.
    Thanks for the tag, my friend.

Always happy to help!

@That_One_Person

Feel free to shoot us an email or call, as we are happy to help!

I sometimes cannot get to the PMs on here as fast as I can, emails or phone calls, but we are happy to help.

Clayton

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

IMHO, for a DD driven regularly on pavement, leveled on 35s is the best middle ground for these trucks.

Offering the best look while not completely destroying MPGs.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of oversized positive offsets (Think American Force wheels) and lifts which give that "Mall Crawler" look unless you need the clearance and stability those types of setups provide but to each their own.

Here is the before and after on my truck with a simple puck install on the front.

Eventually plan on putting in a Carli or Thuren kit after I finish her diet:

Factory 2017 4x4 with Rake:

Leveled with Methods and 35's taken a few days later:

This setup offers about .5-1" of Positive offset but with factory fender flares, is right about flush from the top of the tire.

* '17 CCLB G56 Laramie 4x4 - MM3 Tuned & Low Carb, Banks Grid Heater Delete, TV Delete, S&B CAI, 4" Turbo Back, Flo-Pro Muffler, Valair Quiet Dual Disc, CAT Fuel Filter Kit, Leveled, 18" Method 315 in Gold, 35" Toyo OC A/T II, HID Projectors, HLR LED Fogs, Infinity Speaker Upgrades, Line-X Platinum, WeatherTech Guards, XPEL Prime XR+
    * '02 WS6 M6 - ASC#3001 "Last of the Breed" - Full Suspension, CIE, on 18x11 Copper/Black CCW Classics.
    * '19 Triumph Speed Triple RS - Lots of Twill Carbon Fiber, SC Project Low Mount

12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Re: Leave It Stock? - Level Or Drop It?

That's a really clean setup @17_G56.

One of the options I was looking at is a wheel/tire setup.

DDP is good people.

Clayton sold me my 10mm CP3 conversion.

13. Thanks 17_G56, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post