Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  53
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery Saver Mode?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Battery Saver Mode?

Quote Originally Posted by rsl0311usmc View Post
    Ok thanks. So I am under the assumption that replacing the batteries will hopefully correct all this? I also looked up champion batteries that the previous owner had in there and nothing came up for my truck. I wonder if they weren't sufficient enough to began with. They had no information as far as CCA on them and I don't have the part number now. Tomorrow I am going to crank it up and see what happens. It's 20 degrees out right now.
    Sounds like a good plan, I assume the new batteries are fully charged. What is the CCA rating on the new batteries?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2. Thanks rsl0311usmc thanked for this post
    Likes rsl0311usmc, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Sounds like a good plan, I assume the new batteries are fully charged. What is the CCA rating on the new batteries?
    I didn't honestly check the new ones to see there charge. But they are diehard platinum cca 850 and 1000 ca

4. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I didn't honestly check the new ones to see their charge. But they are diehard platinum cca 850 and 1000 ca
    You should be okay with the new larger capacity batteries, I believe they will solve the issue. Please keep us posted.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Thanks rsl0311usmc thanked for this post
    Likes rsl0311usmc, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    You should be okay with the new larger capacity batteries, I believe they will solve the issue. Please keep us posted.
    Alright thanks I appreciate it. I will give you all an update tomorrow

8. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

So I started the truck up in the cold unplugged and no battery saver mode at all during warm up. Some things I noticed were the batteries before start were 12.3 volts and when I cranked her up she seemed to start better. The volts guage was at 11 then jumped to 14 volts but no battery saver mode. Since the batteries were at 12.3 volts this morning for piece of mind since they are new I hooked up my AGM setting and 12 volts to let them sit and charge eventhough they are brand new. But overall it seems my old batteries were done I am assuming. I am glad because batteries ain't cheap

10. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

So I started the truck up in the cold unplugged and no battery saver mode at all during warm up. Some things I noticed were the batteries before start were 12.3 volts and when I cranked her up she seemed to start better. The volts guage was at 11 then jumped to 14 volts but no battery saver mode. Since the batteries were at 12.3 volts this morning for piece of mind since they are new I hooked up my AGM setting and 12 volts to let them sit and charge eventhough they are brand new. But overall it seems my old batteries were done I am assuming. I am glad because batteries ain't cheap
    I agree, batteries are expensive especially if you go with the AGM type. Great idea to use the proper charger and get them fully charged. The static voltage should read around 12.8 volts when fully charged. If you didn’t already, I would recommend disconnecting both old batteries when installing them, rather than disconnecting one at a time. This will allow the Intelligent Battery Sensor to reset and relearn the new batteries, especially important when going from a flooded cell to AGM.

12. Thanks rsl0311usmc thanked for this post
    Likes rsl0311usmc, watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

Ok my charger actually says they are fully charged. Static with both disconnected from the truck they both read 12.8 like you were saying so they are good to go. I am glad you told me about disconnecting the old ones. The store did exactly what you said to avoid at one at a time. So now that I have both fully disconnected at the moment when I hook them up it should be a full relearn like your saying. I appreciate your help with this. I know it's not a major thing but honestly it was annoying having the battery save come on and now I learned one more thing.

14. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Ok my charger actually says they are fully charged. Static with both disconnected from the truck they both read 12.8 like you were saying so they are good to go. I am glad you told me about disconnecting the old ones. The store did exactly what you said to avoid at one at a time. So now that I have both fully disconnected at the moment when I hook them up it should be a full relearn like your saying. I appreciate your help with this. I know it's not a major thing but honestly it was annoying having the battery save come on and now I learned one more thing.
    Absolutely, that’s why we are here. Helping others keeps us on our toes and gain more knowledge.

16. Thanks watersupply189, rsl0311usmc, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, rsl0311usmc, Corkey liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12