Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The EPA Strikes Again!

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: The EPA Strikes Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Aboshan View Post

The clown world is in full swing.
    Saw a video last night on Tic-Tok.

The dude walked up to his brand new F350 Lariat, opened the door, and the door sill read platinum.

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aboshan View Post
    I manage a trucking company, and I can attest to these issues.

When a truck comes in the shop, it's an emissions issue 80% of the time.

This company spends alot of $$$ on emissions compliance, and as we haul gas, there are even more not engine related.

I had a 2020 Peterbilt sit 6 weeks last year because of a faulty DEF quality sensor on national backorder.

The truck had 32k miles on it.

Part quality is also becoming a big issue.

I have 1 2019 KW and 3 2020 Peterbilts where the drag link is entirely shot.

I have a 2016 and 2017 that still have the factory drag link and no issues.

The clown world is in full swing.
    I spent 15 years as a volunteer FF/EMT.

As one of the officers in the department, I was also assigned to the apparatus committee to manage trucks (maintenance, repairs, new acquisitions, etc.).

We had put out an RFP for a medium-duty rescue and (to make a long story short) ended up selecting Rosenbauer (based in MN).

When I went to their facility to take delivery of the truck, I got a tour.

One of their primary operations was rebuilding pre-2008 fire apparatus.

I bet you can't guess why pre-2008.

It was impressive how they stripped the truck down to the frame (like a frame-off restoration of an old muscle car) and rebuilt everything in the drivetrain to a brand-new state.

It didn't matter what engine it had in it (Cummins, Cat, Detroit).

It was like the day it rolled out of the factory; once the chassis was done, they would put a new fire apparatus body on it with all the updated modern amenities built custom to customer spec.

Essentially, you are getting a brand-new truck on a pre-2008 chassis.

I see this being commonplace coming soon for over-the-road tractors and even medium/light-duty trucks.

-Muzzy

2008 Megacab 4x4 G56 Trans - All mods lost in boating accident - EFI Live by Muzzy, 2nd gen S467.7/83/1.0, Banks Monster Ram, 5" Exhaust, Grid Heater Delete, Rail Plug, BD Flowmax LP, SB Clutch, Fuel Sump -8AN line, Bilstein 5100s, Cali Track Bar, Dynatec B-joints, Level Springs, 1" Lift Shackles Rear, Royal Purple Lubricants...there is probably more that I forgot.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    I spent 15 years as a volunteer FF/EMT.

As one of the officers in the department, I was also assigned to the apparatus committee to manage trucks (maintenance, repairs, new acquisitions, etc.).

We had put out an RFP for a medium-duty rescue and (to make a long story short) ended up selecting Rosenbauer (based in MN).

When I went to their facility to take delivery of the truck, I got a tour.

One of their primary operations was rebuilding pre-2008 fire apparatus.

I bet you can't guess why pre-2008.

It was impressive how they stripped the truck down to the frame (like a frame-off restoration of an old muscle car) and rebuilt everything in the drivetrain to a brand-new state.

It didn't matter what engine it had in it (Cummins, Cat, Detroit).

It was like the day it rolled out of the factory; once the chassis was done, they would put a new fire apparatus body on it with all the updated modern amenities built custom to customer spec.

Essentially, you are getting a brand-new truck on a pre-2008 chassis.

I see this being commonplace coming soon for over-the-road tractors and even medium/light-duty trucks.

-Muzzy
    Crazyfornia has that figured out.

They won't allow older trucks in the state.

Has to meet a minimum standard.

This is why the warehousing in my area (Reno, NV) is going nuts.

Most of them are setting up CA-only fleets that meet emissions requirements and pulling out of CA altogether.

That way they have a minimum number of vehicles that need the extra stuff and in the long run, it's cheaper not to be taxed out of existence.

2024 Ram 2500 Tradesman 6.4l Hemi
    2021 Charger GT AWD Triple Nickel/Black

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe Peterbilt had a “glider” program doing precisely that.

Building pre-emissions trucks from the ground up.

Until the EPA found out and ended it , some smaller outfits are still doing this.

Just not Peterbilt themselves.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shock88 View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe Peterbilt had a “glider” program doing precisely that.

Building pre-emissions trucks from the ground up.

Until the EPA found out and ended it , some smaller outfits are still doing this.

Just not Peterbilt themselves.
    You are correct about the gliders.

It seems like the goverment is hell-bent on making sure the throwaway society continues only on politicians' terms.

FTEPA!

2021 Ram 3500 DRW, H.O., bypass oil filtration, bypass coolant filtration, S&B CAI, 4:10’s
    2wd low loc kit.
    Reacquired 2001 3500, 5.9 nv4500, dually cab and chassis, 5” straight pipe, edge juice w/attitude. Otherwise all stock…..for now.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

I don't know if anyone noticed, but on Dec 20th, new emissions rules were released by a specific three-letter agency to reduce NOX 50% by 2045 for heavy-duty (OTR) trucks.

Their goal is to push truckers into non-existent EV trucks.

There is an article about it posted today on Gateway Pundit.

There is also a press release on the offending government website.

If not reversed or defeated, this will result in transportation costs going even higher.

EV over-the-road tractors, ROFL.

There are too many issues with that to even mention.

Their ultimate goal is far more insidious.

On another note, I watched a guy on YouTube post a video on how none of the EV charge stations would work in the -20 temps.

He was driving a Riven and went from supercharger station to supercharger station getting errors trying to charge his "truck."

Buckle-up 2023 is going to be fun.

-Muzzy

2008 Megacab 4x4 G56 Trans - All mods lost in boating accident - EFI Live by Muzzy, 2nd gen S467.7/83/1.0, Banks Monster Ram, 5" Exhaust, Grid Heater Delete, Rail Plug, BD Flowmax LP, SB Clutch, Fuel Sump -8AN line, Bilstein 5100s, Cali Track Bar, Dynatec B-joints, Level Springs, 1" Lift Shackles Rear, Royal Purple Lubricants...there is probably more that I forgot.

12. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

I don't know if anyone noticed, but on Dec 20th, new emissions rules were released by a specific three-letter agency to reduce NOX 50% by 2045 for heavy-duty (OTR) trucks.

If not reversed or defeated, this will result in transportation costs going even higher.

On another note, I watched a guy on YouTube post a video on how none of the EV charge stations would work in the -20 temps.

He was driving a Riven and went from supercharger station to supercharger station getting errors trying to charge his "truck."

-Muzzy
    We saw that, and once again, our government is a joke!

Keep pushing people and watch what happens!!

God bless,
    igotacummins

"The grass is greener where you water it"

13. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

-Muzzy
    I can relate on a similar note.

Try charging any lithium battery pack for cordless tools when cold, get the constant cold/hot battery error.

2021 Ram 3500 DRW, H.O., bypass oil filtration, bypass coolant filtration, S&B CAI, 4:10’s
    2wd low loc kit.
    Reacquired 2001 3500, 5.9 nv4500, dually cab and chassis, 5” straight pipe, edge juice w/attitude. Otherwise all stock…..for now.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Oh yeah, and FTEPA and FJB!

2wd low loc kit.

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, northstarfire0693 thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

The EPA and Biden can suck it.

All they have done is made some clowns richer while we all suffer.

Look what Biden has done since he took office.

Funny how you dont see that clown going to Ohio right now.

2006 2500 QC Laramie 5.9 (Sold in 2016). 2017 3500 DRW CC Laramie, Loaded. MM3 tuned by DRD. 4" SS by Jamo. 68REF, 4.10 Rears. (Sold). 2018 3500 DRW Longhorn CC AISIN 4.10's. On a good health care plan by DRD.

19. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Corkey, AK Bob, Aboshan liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123