Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  35

Thread: Selling A Deleted Truck?

1. Top Of Page | #1

Selling A Deleted Truck?

Evening team.

It has been a long time!

I did 10.5 months of deployment and a long set of workups, but I’m back!

The question is, have any of you sold a deleted truck?

I assume you did it through the forums or to a friend.

Or did you put it back to stock?

The problem is that it will take me a bit of coin as my delete was primarily due to my DEF system sh!tting the bed.

All the best!

-LowandSlow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Selling A Deleted Truck?

Do it privately and off social media (sell on enthusiast forums etc.).

If you sell on social media, do not give details unless you have serious buyers on the phone, and do not give pics on ad, etc., of items that you might think are questionable.

If you live in a free state different story, but I’d still tread lightly even so on social media, which alphabet boys heavily monitor.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Selling A Deleted Truck?

I traded mine in, but I also had all my factory parts in boxes.

The salesman said they would return it to stock, but I highly doubt they did.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Selling A Deleted Truck?

^I kept mine as well for that reason (I could tell the dealer they have the ability to put it back to stock)

Although as time goes on, these parts are taking up a lot of room in my shed that I could use to store other stuff, LOL.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Selling A Deleted Truck?

It depends on where you live.

Free state?

I wouldn't worry about it; if you want to be careful, say the truck has a tune on it.

You don't need to specify until you have a serious buyer.

If you're living in not as free of a state, don't mention anything about a tune in your For Sale ads and once you have a serious buyer, let them in on it.

Probably sell faster once they know the truck has already been put on a diet.

* '17 CCLB G56 Laramie 4x4 - MM3 Tuned & Low Carb, Banks Grid Heater Delete, TV Delete, S&B CAI, 4" Turbo Back, Flo-Pro Muffler, Valair Quiet Dual Disc, CAT Fuel Filter Kit, Leveled, 18" Method 315 in Gold, 35" Toyo OC A/T II, HID Projectors, HLR LED Fogs, Infinity Speaker Upgrades, Line-X Platinum, WeatherTech Guards, XPEL Prime XR+
    * '02 WS6 M6 - ASC#3001 "Last of the Breed" - Full Suspension, CIE, on 18x11 Copper/Black CCW Classics.
    * '19 Triumph Speed Triple RS - Lots of Twill Carbon Fiber, SC Project Low Mount

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Re: Selling A Deleted Truck?

I see dealerships selling tuned diesels through Autotrader all the time (in free states).

They just don't mention anything about a tune, but if you look closely in the photos you can see evidence of it being tuned (aftermarket exhaust/tuner in the windshield/tuner knob/engine bay photos/etc.)

So you can drop hints that it's tuned, just don't come out and say anything about it unless you have a serious buyer.

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Depends on where you live.

As others said, free states are not an issue.

If you sell on social media, be careful about what you say.

There was a story in NJ not too long ago where a guy tried selling his on FB, and NJ nailed him.

2006 2500 QC Laramie 5.9 (Sold in 2016). 2017 3500 DRW CC Laramie, Loaded. MM3 tuned by DRD. 4" SS by Jamo. 68REF, 4.10 Rears. (Sold). 2018 3500 DRW Longhorn CC AISIN 4.10's. On a good health care plan by DRD.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I bought mine a few years back from a private dealership, and when I was searching around, these people and others advertised/verbally told me that trucks were deleted over the phone, etc.

I'm in Texas with no diesel emissions requirement.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post