Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  21

Thread: Going From Autocal To MM3?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Going From Autocal To MM3?

Is going from EFI Live (Autocal) to MM3 seamless?.

I guess I’m asking is all I have to do is purchase the MM3 and load it.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Going From Autocal To MM3?

If you can set it back to stock, that is the best.

If you can't, it should overwrite it, but if not, DRD & MM3 will guide you.

God bless,
    igotacummins

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Thanks AK Bob, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

I flashed mine with MM3 from a nonstock file.

When you ask MM3 to "get the stock file," all it's getting is VIN, year model, and trim.

It doesn't use your stock file to build your base file.

I have been wondering if I pulled my MM3 file with KTAG and if I could use that in EFI LIVE.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

From what I have done and experienced is.

Going from EFI to the MM3, 90% of Tuners doing EFI don't use a stock file but a stock format. I was already deleted before going to MM3.

I failed to mention to MM3 that I previously had EFI LIVE \ CSP5 SOTF installed.

I received and installed MM3, which gave me ERROR codes that will not let you proceed any further; here is why.

When going EFI TO MM3, EFI live does not use a True Authentic Mopar stock file; this is where the ERROR was displayed to the MM3.

The MM3 can't recognize an EFI live stock file, "hints," because you need a Mopar file to be recognized for the MM3 to work.

The fix to this is simple: don't forget what's already on the truck, and contact MM3 to recover a stock Mopar factory file.

Once installed, you can set the monitor information; custom files Ie "TCM & ECM."

Reassure that each step is done correctly to avoid issues or bugging out on first drive.

USE A CHARGER when uploading or setting anything into the ECU OR TCM, even if your truck states you have 12V on the gauge on the dash.

We are here for everyone that's a part of this family; the only dumb question is a question not asked.

That is a good question; I ran right into that without asking, and my hopes were not met.

I hooked the tender up to it; it went from a Kaitlyn Jenner to Dwayne Johnson in about 15 mins, if that.

Last edited by Corkey; 11-28-2022 at 11:45 PM. Reason: sausage fingers on the Xbox controller
    II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Weird.

I had EFI auto cal with OW tunes.

DRDs uploaded just fine no errors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

10% of Tuners, those with big names under their belts for years, have done it correctly.

They have the accesses to the Mopar stock files.

The back door tuners that are new and scam people use a retro-fitted stock platform but the true Mopar file of which the MM3 needs to recognize and read the stock file.

This is coming from the Tech support team from MM3.

This is one of the reasons I know this personally because, I had this issue transferring from an Unknown source writing tunes when transferring to the MM3.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post