I wanted to make a quick post on removing the EGR / DPF wire harness and my experience with it. I dug around here for a bit and didn't get the answers I was looking for. Maybe it is on here somewhere; I did not find it.

This would be for 4th Gen trucks. My truck is a 2016 2500 for reference.

The goal was to remove as much of the wire harness as possible.
In doing so, I created an issue for myself. I have discovered that the Exhaust Differential Pressure Sensor (connected to a cat, two black tubes) is one sensor that must be attached. If you remove the sensor, you will get a CEL and a code P2127—low circuit E.
That sensor shares the same APP sensor ground 2 wire as the ETC (electronic throttle control). The wire is the BN/VT wire.
It can be found in the after-treatment system wire diagram.
If the sensor itself goes bad, you will get a different CEL code because the ground signal will still be good. If you unplug/ cut the sensor off, the ground signal is bad and throws the ETC for a loop.
All in all, you can remove everything but the Exhaust Differential Pressure sensor. All unused plugs and wires in the engine bay can also be removed with no issues.
Unless you are running a VGT, you will also need to keep the Exhaust Gas Pressure sensor on the exhaust manifold.
I cut the wire harness under the truck, which ties in with the trans bundle. I capped the wires off and taped them up.
The last note I'd like to add is the WIF sensor. I removed mine and now have the light on the dash. I am not sure if tuning can write this out or not. I haven't contacted DRD yet, but I found a solution here.
A member posted about wiring in an 80k ohm resistor between the two wires to trick the ECM into thinking it is still there. I have not gotten to that point, but I figured I'd also mention it. I'll go that route if tuning can't make it go away.

I hope this helps someone someday.

If you have any questions, I am here to help.

Take care Team.