Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  37

Thread: MM3 Question?

1. Top Of Page | #1

MM3 Question?

I don't know the answer.

I have an MM3, and I haven't installed it yet.

I was curious, once I flash the new tune to the truck, can I unplug the MM3 and not use it as a monitor?

Will the tune still be installed, and will the truck run fine with the unplugged screen?

I don't want to risk someone stealing the tuner from my truck, so I would rather not have it in the truck at all times.

I only care about monitoring the truck when I'm towing, or does it always have to be plugged in?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, GoGreen707 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Question

Yes, you can unplug the cable at the MM3 monitor, and your PCM will continue using the selected HP tune.

fIf you have multiple HP level tunes and unplug the MM3 unit from the OBD port, the PCM will default to the lowest HP tune available.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

EGT'S would and will always be critical to monitor when towing.

Hopefully, you have a manual pod set up.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    EGT'S would and will always be critical to monitor when towing.

Hopefully, you have a manual pod set up.
    What's a manual pod?

Like a stand for the MM3?

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JustStartedCummin View Post
    What's a manual pod?

Funny you should mention that, I'm actually trying to find A-Pillar Pod's for the MM3.

* '17 CCLB G56 Laramie 4x4 - MM3 Tuned & Low Carb, Banks Grid Heater Delete, TV Delete, S&B CAI, 4" Turbo Back, Flo-Pro Muffler, Valair Quiet Dual Disc, CAT Fuel Filter Kit, Leveled, 18" Method 315 in Gold, 35" Toyo OC A/T II, HID Projectors, HLR LED Fogs, Infinity Speaker Upgrades, Line-X Platinum, WeatherTech Guards, XPEL Prime XR+
    * '02 WS6 M6 - ASC#3001 "Last of the Breed" - Full Suspension, CIE, on 18x11 Copper/Black CCW Classics.
    * '19 Triumph Speed Triple RS - Lots of Twill Carbon Fiber, SC Project Low Mount

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JustStartedCummin View Post
    What's a manual pod?

I was referring to pillar pods.

That way, you have some source to watch EGT'S while towing.

I also read your thread wrong. You do watch them with the MM3 while towing.

They do offer the pillar mount for the MM3, just don't recall if it was only for specific years or not.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    I was referring to pillar pods.

That way, you have some source to watch EGT'S while towing.

I also read your thread wrong. You do watch them with the MM3 while towing.

They do offer the pillar mount for the MM3, just don't recall if it was only for specific years or not.
    Who offers the pods?

I’ve looked around and can only seem to find modified Edge pods people are using.

* '17 CCLB G56 Laramie 4x4 - MM3 Tuned & Low Carb, Banks Grid Heater Delete, TV Delete, S&B CAI, 4" Turbo Back, Flo-Pro Muffler, Valair Quiet Dual Disc, CAT Fuel Filter Kit, Leveled, 18" Method 315 in Gold, 35" Toyo OC A/T II, HID Projectors, HLR LED Fogs, Infinity Speaker Upgrades, Line-X Platinum, WeatherTech Guards, XPEL Prime XR+
    * '02 WS6 M6 - ASC#3001 "Last of the Breed" - Full Suspension, CIE, on 18x11 Copper/Black CCW Classics.
    * '19 Triumph Speed Triple RS - Lots of Twill Carbon Fiber, SC Project Low Mount

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, 17_G56 thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Question?

I, too, was worried about it being visible and inviting some a$$hole to take it, so I went with this $10 mount from Amazon, and it has been great.

It only covers the DEF gauge on the cluster.

https://a.co/d/7ptfD28

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post