Likes Likes:  68
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5th Gen A Pillar Gauges?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 5th Gen A Pillar Gauges?

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieK View Post
    Attachment 15247Attachment 15248Attachment 15246
    Done! Overall pretty happy. I find that the top gauge feels like it’s pretty close to my face…more so than when I had gauges in my 4th gen. But that being said…I’m probably not used to it yet…and the pillar was made without having my truck to test fit a mock up…so in no way am I complaining. I’m more than happy with them.

I also like that the boost gauge has zero needle bounce. My 4th gen factory match boost gauge bounced like crazy and it drove me nuts. You can’t get factory match for the 5th Gen…but these are so close I don’t even notice.

Managed to find the dimmer wire behind the headlights and the dim function works on the gauges too.

Sorry if the photos uploaded sideways?

So yeah…overall zero complaints.
    Awesome! That looks really good

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

2. Likes AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieK View Post
    Done! Overall pretty happy. I find that the top gauge feels like it’s pretty close to my face…more so than when I had gauges in my 4th gen. But that being said…I’m probably not used to it yet…and the pillar was made without having my truck to test fit a mock up…so in no way am I complaining. I’m more than happy with them.

I also like that the boost gauge has zero needle bounce. My 4th gen factory match boost gauge bounced like crazy and it drove me nuts. You can’t get factory match for the 5th Gen…but these are so close I don’t even notice.

Managed to find the dimmer wire behind the headlights and the dim function works on the gauges too.

Sorry if the photos uploaded sideways?

So yeah…overall zero complaints.
    Looks good, I would say that I personally would prefer them slightly canted more towards the driver position but for a sight unseen build, looks really close to factory!

* '17 CCLB G56 Laramie 4x4 - MM3 Tuned & Low Carb, Banks Grid Heater Delete, TV Delete, S&B CAI, 4" Turbo Back, Flo-Pro Muffler, Valair Quiet Dual Disc, CAT Fuel Filter Kit, Leveled, 18" Method 315 in Gold, 35" Toyo OC A/T II, HID Projectors, HLR LED Fogs, Infinity Speaker Upgrades, Line-X Platinum, WeatherTech Guards, XPEL Prime XR+
    * '02 WS6 M6 - ASC#3001 "Last of the Breed" - Full Suspension, CIE, on 18x11 Copper/Black CCW Classics.
    * '19 Triumph Speed Triple RS - Lots of Twill Carbon Fiber, SC Project Low Mount

4. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

5th Gen A Pillar Gauges?

Looks good, but with today's trucks, especially DRD tuned.

I'd like to monitor a lot more than 3 PIDs.

That's why I like digital displays.

Plus, it doesn't look like there is much room for an MM3 display.

And if you custom-make one, then that's a lot of gauges staring at you, LOL.

Nonetheless clean install and a nice setup.

Side note.

Depending on what size those mounts are.

You can get 2-3 banks monitors that allow a **** ton of PIDs to be monitored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Yeah, I have the MM3, and it’s wired in, so if I want to change or monitor something, I have to plug in the display.

A bit of a pain, but honestly, monitoring most things, at least for me, isn’t a big deal.

I can monitor fuel rail pressure, but whether it’s up or down or right where it should be is Greek.

These gauges are just for show.

The only new thing is the pyro.

Boost and trans temp can already be viewed through the dash so these make it pretty, haha.

Trying to figure out where to mount the MM3, I drilled a hole in the back of the center console just to run the line for the monitor.

I have the little cubby where the CD player would go if there were one seriously though, who listens to CDs nowadays?

So the hole is out of sight if I decide to put it somewhere else.

Playing with the idea of mounting it around the center console somewhere just haven’t come up with anything worth screwing and drilling holes in yet.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

I just got this mount from Holley Performance.

Replaces the handle bolt cover.

It seems to be cast aluminum.

Very easy to install and run wiring and looks clean.

This would be awesome if I could get my MM3 to work as a simple engine monitor until we make some changes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

10. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
    I just got this mount from Holley Performance.

Replaces the handle bolt cover.

It seems to be cast aluminum.

Very easy to install and run wiring and looks clean.

This would be awesome if I could get my MM3 to work as a simple engine monitor until we make some changes.

That looks like a clean setup, but I would be concerned with the bottom left of the windshield being blocked by it.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

From where I sit, it mostly covers up the dash and hood.

So it doesn't block anything on the road.

I had the pillar mount gauge pod before, which is an improvement, IMHO.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12