Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  41
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: 2nd Gen Swap Kit - 2008 6.7L Cummins

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

WTB: 2nd Gen Swap Kit - 2008 6.7L Cummins

I'm looking to complete 2nd Gen swap kit with S463 or S464.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: WTB: 2nd Gen Swap Kit - 2008 6.7L Cummins

@DDP can you provide price and availability?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

You will not regret this decision, bud.

Get studs and resurface the head to avoid hassle and stress down the road.

Yes, stock fuel can and does get you by, however, do injectors and a lift pump to get full function and your expectations for this swap.

EGT'S WILL drop a ton!

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I already have ARP 625s in the head, so no issue there.

My only concern is the fuel.

I have no intention of upgrading fuel.

My goal is reliability.

This truck is a DD and occasionally tows 10-12k.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I sure can; sorry for the delay!

Feel free to shoot us a message at Sales@ddpmotorsports.com or call us, and we can go over some options with you to make sure we get you set up with the right one.

866-895-3833 ask for Clayton or Mike : )

Clayton

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chase58 View Post
    I already have ARP 625s in the head, so no issue there.

My only concern is the fuel.

I have no intention of upgrading fuel.

My goal is reliability.

This truck is a DD and occasionally tows 10-12k.
    An S464/83/.90 would be fit the bill perfectly.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BuckMeister View Post
    An S464/83/.90 would be fit the bill perfectly.
    I would also agree.

It would save you the hassle needing a 10M CP3 "$2000" and cheaper injectors.

I recommend 60hp injectors to hit the performance curve of what its capable of doing.

A S467 is a setup for a big buget if done correctly.

Studs, CP3, injectors\ tubes, FASS 165 OR AIR DOG, rods if you're going to hit the limit on power.

The 48RE rods are stronger than the 68's, I believe they recommend Rods for +700hp which you can easily do with the proper set up.

With doing the swap, if you're looking for a fun all around truck, the S464 will do just that.

It all depends on what goals your seeking sled, pull heavy, weekend worrier/drag.

Feel free to ask questions to have more information on your side.

I would hate to see you throw out 10k and regret it.

Another thing to consider, transmission components, BILLET input shaft, clutch kit / drum, VB,

The 67 will I promise to find the weak points LOL.

I just threw 1300 into my front end and a day later my T case needs rebuilt 209k miles though.

And this Redneck American hits the skinny peddle too hard to often.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

14. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

WTB: 2nd Gen Swap Kit - 2008 6.7L Cummins

I’m gonna go against the grain here.

I’d only recommend a s464 only if you are set on getting a second gen swap for looks and don’t want more than 500hp. Other than that I’d stick with a VGT turbo and keep your exhaust brake.

I don’t know what company started saying the s464 is good for up to 700hp goals. From what I’ve seen on my truck and customers trucks is at best it will get 550hp. In no way does it need injectors. You can feel it running out of air in upper rpm’s and egts run high in 5th and 6th gear full throttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    I’m gonna go against the grain here.

I’d only recommend a s464 only if you are set on getting a second gen swap for looks and don’t want more than 500hp. Other than that I’d stick with a VGT turbo and keep your exhaust brake.

I don’t know what company started saying the s464 is good for up to 700hp goals. From what I’ve seen on my truck and customers trucks is at best it will get 550hp. In no way does it need injectors. You can feel it running out of air in upper rpm’s and egts run high in 5th and 6th gear full throttle.

The comment was referring to the S467 which he is interested in.

The 464 I agree, the power delivery is an all-out great setup for like you said 500-550hp without fueling

The reason I have stated what I have is, trial in error, exp in doing the swap, what I've gained through the swap

Reason I personally frown on the VGT turbos

1. Electronic failure on actuator
    2.a huge drop in EGT'S with swap
    3.flow rate \ each exhaust port is equal to flange thus not damaging cyl #6 in long term with swap
    4.can still install in-line Pac break for pulling heavy \ with swap
    5.replacment turbo's $1300 give or take on S400 series

With my fuel mods at WOT level 6 I'll spike up to 1100° to 1310° depending on a grade or not

With the VGT cheetah with no fuel mods I could easily hit 1400°to 1550° at WOT

I know dodges vs chevy, ford, gmc's, have a higher threshold on being able to with stand higher spikes than the rest.

https://www.dieselpowersource.com/ha...-piston-lately

Exhaust manifolds are relatively the same as a typical VGT set up

Artical shows 03 to 07.

18. Likes AK Bob, Chrisn162001, watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Gotcha.

Diesel power source is good at making articles to sale their mediocre product. They often leave out the real contributing factors that lead to the failures they speak of and they never seem to add test results to back up there claims. Seriously they couldn’t even use a picture of a Cummins piston in their article of melted Cummins pistons.

I also think it’s odd that they are about the only ones that claim the swelling #6 piston is cause by egt and not lack of coolant flow to the rear of the engine.

The VGT (modded or not) and the S464 does not move enough air in higher rpm’s to cool egts. But neither one is gonna run hot enough for long enough to melt a piston unless you got some poor tuning.

The 5.9s had the #6 piston melting problem. I saw some early 6.7s melt #6 but very few in comparison. That was also the early tuning days. h&s tuners contributed to a lot of head gaskets and #6 issues specially on the non pressurized coolant reservoir systems.

Honestly I’m just sick of parts manufacturers and sellers trying to sell what they keep on the shelf and make up “tests” and false claims while doing it.

Actuators don’t go bad nearly as much as the guy selling fixed vain turbos wants you to believe they do. Keep the exhaust brake on and keep the vanes moving and they last. Trucks that idle a lot and drive alot of highway miles at the same speed have a higher rate of actuator failures since the vains don’t move very often.

As for egts cummins rated the 6.7 up to 1450 sustained egt. I’ve seen trucks get to 1500 during Regen and stay there. Remember the air gets that hot not the pistons they don’t get close to that temp. You got cool air coming in on intake stroke and oil squirters on the bottom of the pistons keeping them cool.

20. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast