Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Amsoil Dual Remote Oil Bypass Kit

1. Top Of Page | #1

Amsoil Dual Remote Oil Bypass Kit

2019 3500 HO DRW

I just got back from towing our 17k 5er for about 3000 miles and noticed an oil leak.

Looks like the front main seal.

I reached out to Amsoil to get the spec for an O ring on their kit in case I have to replace it while redoing the filter setup.

They returned to me and said they don't have a dual remote kit for the 6.7 because it can cause a low oil pressure. I

didn't say that on the site

I always drive with the EVIC on the screen with the coolant temp, trans temp, and oil temp/pressure.

I've never seen the oil pressure below 30 (idle,) and it sits at 50 while driving.

Can I trust this gauge?

The kit came with 1/2" lines.

They don't make noise while the engine is running,g, so I assume there are no restrictions.

Should I scrap the dual remote kit and return it to the single one?

Any input is appreciated.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Amsoil Dual Remote Oil Bypass Kit

The EVIC Oil Pressure is a PCM calculated value.

I would not rely on this reading; a mechanical gauge would be more accurate.

You may be okay with the dual filter, but after hearing about this possibility, I would check the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge or switch to the single bypass filter.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post