Hello, I am seeking input from y'all for a new truck.

I currently have my 03 H.O. manual which sadly is just rusting out from underneath literally!!

This year is the last year it will pass inspection due to frame rot, I have toyed with the idea of swapping the frame but then there is the rest of the rust to contend with and it's not worth it.

If I do anything like that I will swap the running gear into something old.

So I have decided that since it made it 20 years I need a new one.

My biggest dilemma is I want a manual trans and they are like finding a needle in a hay stack, not to mention I am confined to 2018 or older.

I am thinking of going to a 3500 with the Aisin BUT I have heard mixed reviews with that trans especially that it can't be tuned with a MM3.

Best I can come up with is due to it using pressure and not really a controller, I could be wrong there as I am not a automatic guy.

Since my dad passed away I really don't have anyone to go to that knows Automatics like he did.

He had 50 years as a mechanic and ton's of knowledge with the automatics.

Anyway my feeling is that I need to stay with 2018 just incase I decide I want to swap to a manual I still can do that fairly easy and it would cost less than replacing the auto with a beefed up one that can stand behind the Cummins for more than 100,000 trouble free miles.

If any of you can shed some light on these newer trucks I would greatly apricate your input good or bad.

Thank you